Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Associate Tax Counsel located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Tax Counsel will primarily be responsible for tax advice on cross-border and domestic acquisitions (including oversight of due diligence and tax input to deal modeling), dispositions, licensing deals, legal entity rationalization and internal tax planning for all J&J business sectors, with a particular focus on Johnson & Johnson’s Global External Innovation and Global Public Health initiatives. Will partner with Treasury, Law, Finance, Business Development, Supply Chain and Procurement to identify and implement tax planning opportunities and anticipate and resolve potential tax issues and exposures.
- A minimum of a Juris Doctor degree is required.
- An LL.M. in Taxation is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years tax legal experience in a top-tier law firm, Big 4 accounting firm, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Treasury or in-house corporate is required.
- Current Bar membership is required.
- Knowledge of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and one of the following is required: mergers & acquisitions, restructuring transactions, international taxation or partnership taxation.
- This position requires exceptional business partnering, negotiation, project management and written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to work well between functions and across all levels of the business is required.
- Must have a creative and collaborative mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills are required to facilitate collaborations.
- Must have proven experience managing deals or projects and remaining focused under ambiguous and complex situations.
- This position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ and will require up to 10% travel, both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)