Johnson & Johnson Careers
Group Product Director, Acclarent
Requisition ID: 4659190912
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Group Product Director in Global Strategic Marketing, aligned to Acclarent, located in Irvine, CA.
Chronic sinusitis affects 3 million Americans each year and five per cent of the U.S. adult population suffers from a phenomenon referred to as Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (blocked ears / ear pain). Acclarent, Inc. is dedicated to supporting otolaryngologists with minimally-invasive ENT technologies that relieve this suffering as effectively and painlessly as possible. For more than a decade Acclarent, Inc. has pioneered innovative technologies, including the balloon dilation system that’s been used to treat more than one million patients.
The Group Product Director reports directly to the Director of Marketing at Acclarent and will lead the development and manage the execution of the marketing strategy for Acclarent’s product portfolio to achieve defined business objectives. As the Group Product Director, you will be creating and implementing industry leading programs and business solutions that align with customers’ needs and meet the strategic and financial objectives of the organization, which includes business planning, strategic marketing plans, portfolio management, market research, new product launches, business performance tracking and multi-channel downstream marketing. This position may require up to 30% domestic travel, including some weekends.
As the Group Product Director, you will:
- Develop and execute business & portfolio strategy for Acclarent business.
- Portfolio planning for Acclarent, including development of 5-year strategic plan with inclusion of R&D innovation and strategic acquisitions
- Drive the cross-functional and cross-organizational delivery of the strategy and product portfolio marketing plans, including value propositions, positioning, and segmentation.
- Shape product development scenarios and drive optimal lifecycle management.
- Formulate pipeline recommendations and priorities while leading strategy and business plans including support to all business development related opportunities.
- Incorporate customer needs into product development programs and represents GSM on core teams.
- Possess product and clinical application expertise to communicate effectively with physician customers.
- Understand and anticipates customer needs. Ensures that appropriate customer input is gathered for new and existing products.
- Analyze competitors and ensures competitive strategies are in place for new and existing products.
- Be responsible for clinical claims development and evidence generation strategy for products in development and for existing products.
- Partner with broader commercial team to successfully deliver on business plans and execute global strategies in each region.
- Collaborate with Global Education, R&D, Program Management, Clinical and New Business Development for strategic plan formulation and execution.
- Collaborate with business intelligence group for all market intelligence and competitive information related to product portfolio.
- Own responsibility for the development, execution, and business performance of all programs designed to meet business objectives, increase revenue and market share.
- Be responsible for the financial performance of relevant product lines as well as management and monitoring of key accounts, product trends, and initiatives.
- Be a product expert on the assigned product line, both clinically and commercially and will work closely with the R&D, Clinical, Supply Chain, Sales & Field Services workforce and other cross-functional partners.
- Develop and lead national programs or initiatives that align to the US business plan and lead to achievement of annual revenue plans for the assigned product line in the US market.
- Create and execute marketing plans that increase US market share.
- Research, analyze, and monitor product line and SKU level financials, demand trends, customer movements, so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Support field proactively with ongoing customer-facing activities and field presence. Develops product value proposition (positioning, price, and promotion).
- Collaborate with Global Educational Department, Commercial Effectiveness and Field Leadership team to develop proper training materials and ensure field proficiency.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing, of which at least 2 years include direct upstream marketing and product development.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with a sales force
- Demonstrated proficiency in core marketing skills (i.e., branding, positioning, claims, packaging, messaging and agency management) and financial/spreadsheet analysis
- Proven track record of successful marketing programs and campaigns that drive results
- Hands-on experience developing marketing collateral, sales direction and local messaging
- Able to clearly articulate the business case for a new program and the value proposition for stakeholders; demonstrated ability to prioritize potential solutions
- Proven ability to lead without authority
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with commercial partners and customer groups (surgeons, salesforce)
- Strong interdependent partnering skills with a demonstrated ability to influence people without daily face-to-face interactions
- Ability to work effectively in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Able to work closely with highly clinical teams and quickly understand technology and clinical concepts
- Able to work within a cadaveric laboratory setting
- Position location: Irvine, CA
- Up to 30% domestic U.S. and international travel
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Experience in medical device sales and/or marketing
- Previous experience interacting with key players in the operating room; ENT or specialty medical devices a plus
- Experience leading a team and developing talent
- Experience with strategic utilization of market research techniques with demonstrated ability to independently run primary market research studies and evaluate alongside secondary market data
- Prior experience in the medical device or regulatory industry, especially in product management, R&D, medical device sales and/or marketing
- Practical clinical skills (e.g., interpreting and applying new research to adjust product positioning and develop new regional claims)
- Experience with Adobe design software applications (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
Acclarent, Inc. (6206)