Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics (2 of 2)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 4656180228
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is hiring a Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics to be in Bridgewater, NJ with consideration given to other NJ J&J offices.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
- Analyze business issues that span across the entire supply chain and enable decision making towards impact through modeling and optimization
- Develop and productizing our solution design and optimization processes thru continuous improvement based on actual experience in analyzing opportunities of varying complexities, voice of customer and external benchmarking
- Learn and deploy leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs, e.g. Hadoop, SAS, R, Python, etc., to drive results and identify opportunities
- Drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization
- Partner with assigned value chain, network, plan, CLS and SC IT core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, model the trade-off and share insights and influence decision making
- Understand the end-to-end business challenges faced by individual franchises to improve service and enable flexibility for profitable growth
- Develop the data and analytics needs to address the challenges, define the appropriate analytical solution for the technology and deploy the analytical solution to deliver results
- Partner with Supply Chain team members across segments to understand the business context and develop solutions to explore and address business questions through baseline assessment and scenario planning
- Work with Supply Chain IT to identify and integrate information into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way
- Translate the data into information and insights with clear scenario analysis and business impact and execution plan to drive impact
- Continue to improve the process and methodology for analytics and modeling for such solutions building capability within the organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in STEM OR information systems with a minimum of eight (8) years of related business experience is required.
- A Master’s Degree in advanced supply chain or information systems with a minimum of five (5) years of experience across different industries is preferred; PhD in Operations research strongly preferred.
- INFORMS certification in Analytics Professional (CAP) preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in modeling and simulation in supply chain and manufacturing / transportation industry setting is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Perl, HTML5, R etc. is preferred.
- Significant exposure to modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AIMMS, Simul8, FlexSim, ProModel) or optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is required.
- Significant hands-on experience with open source algorithms for modeling (e.g. R) or data mapping (e.g. Python) is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Statistics as applied to data analysis and experience with statistical packages is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow software is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the processes associated with the end-to-end supply chain, including New Product Introduction (NPI), capacity planning, sourcing, manufacturing (internal and external), logistics, and service is preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)