Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Leader, Media Relations, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices
Requisition ID: 4651190513
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Global Leader, Media Relations, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices. This position can be located at any J&J Medical Devices location globally. Preferred US locations include: New Brunswick or Somerville, NJ; West Chester, PA; Irvine, CA; Raynham, MA; and Warsaw, IN. Preferred international locations include: Mörlenbach, GER; Workingham, UK; Sao Paulo, BR; and Singapore.
The Global Leader, Media Relations, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is responsible for creating a media relations strategy that enhances Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices and it’s brand reputation with key stakeholders. Key initiatives will include developing global strategies which demonstrate Johnson & Johnson’s industry leading commitment to innovation, safety and transparency of decision making. Additionally, the role will be required to identify emerging global healthcare trends and develop media relations strategies to clearly articulate Johnson & Johnson’s position in advancing health outcomes and in doing so advance the overall Medical Device strategy and growth objectives.
The Global Leader, Media Relations, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices will work closely with the regional and franchise Communication Leaders, and other key partners across the Medical Devices business to build and deliver a compelling, proactive media strategy for the Medical Device business.
This individual will manage a team of two people based in North American and partner closely with media relations colleagues around the world. This role requires a close working relationship with senior commercial leaders as well as the Enterprise Media Relations team. Responsible for advancing the reputation of the Medical Device sector – including its brands – this individual works to positively shape the external environment in which we operate.
This position requires strong leadership competencies, including:
- Strong media relations skills – including proactive storytelling and high-pressure issues management/crisis communication experience – with a high degree of independent judgement required.
- Extensive experience working in a matrix environment across multiple regions and complex stakeholder interdependencies.
- Partners to deploy digital strategies and content to communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Improves and enhances the communication capabilities of senior executives and works to develop and strengthen the communication team globally.
- Ability to lead through a rapid pace of change with a high level of ambiguity and in high-pressure situations; demonstrated ability to assimilate high-level strategic information and convert it into clear and concise communications.
- Effectively manages and leverages agencies, consultants and budgets.
- Manages team, develops talent and reinforces creative, leading-edge communication practices.
- A focused ability to influence – in some situations without direct authority.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and an ability to deliver results under tight time constraints.
- A strong ethics- and Credo-based drive to make a difference.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in broad-based and strategic communications focused on public affairs, media relations and external engagement, corporate brand enhancement and protection, issues mitigation and management, top-tier media relations, direct interaction with – and counsel to – corporate executives, and proven experience in developing integrated communication strategies is required.
- Significant experience successfully interacting with colleagues at all levels at the business, regional, global and corporate levels is required.
- A proven track record in creating trusted partnerships with senior leaders is required.
- Strong experience in all aspects of managing complex, multi-regional, high risk, high profile issues is required.
- Success in managing and engaging teams is required.
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral presentation skills are required.
- Up to approximately 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Latin America-Brazil-São Paulo-São Paulo, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)