Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Strategic Organizational Communications
Requisition ID: 4648190514
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager, Strategic Organizational Communication is responsible for field and organizational communications for our Janssen U.S. Actelion business. This includes leading the strategy and execution of internal communications to inform, align and engage our field and home office employees. The role will develop powerful organizational communications that enable the focus, effort and retention necessary to achieve Actelion’s business goals.
In addition, this position will lead and manage Actelion’s employee engagement activities in support of our corporate social responsibility efforts for the South San Francisco campus and will have responsibility for charitable donations in support of the communities surrounding that campus as well as relationship management with key nonprofits and community stakeholders.
Drive best in class organizational communications to employees
- Lead continued development, project management and rollout of core Actelion employee engagement programs and business strategy to inspire confidence that Actelion has the right plan in place for our patients, our brands and our people.
- Lead the development and execution of the organizational communication strategy for the Actelion business to accelerate the achievement of business objectives by leveraging the full breadth of communication channels, such as Town Halls (Open Mics), Senior Leader Meetings, SQUARE Intranet videos, videos, emails, Yammer and executive engagement.
- Build strong networks and relationships within the Actelion organization to understand the attitudes, desires and needs of our team to help them achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate with business partners: PC&PA Communications and Johnson & Johnson Employee Communication and Engagement to energize and inspire employees through powerful organizational communications, grounded in the Janssen Brave culture, the Janssen One Strategy and the Renewed Enterprise Purpose
- Identify and act on key opportunities to eliminate/improve practices that stand in the way of achieving results and delivering valuable solutions, by delegating tasks, utilizing resources effectively and increasing self-service communication model
- Continuously assess technology platforms to enhance reach and engagement of internal audiences and targeted external stakeholders
- Manage Actelion organizational communication budget
- Demonstrate confidence and clarity in leading organizational change through strategic communication and engagement tactics appropriate to different stakeholders
Lead the communications efforts for Actelion’s field organization
- Develop and implement field communication strategy, including the development of field leadership communications, and pull through of key Actelion, Janssen and J&J Corporate initiatives
- Oversight of communication specialists and/or consultant support, in the flawless execution of bi-weekly field newsletter and ad-hoc Actelion communications
- Partner with and provide counsel to field leadership to develop messages that inspire, engage, and inform employees to increase salesforce effectiveness and performance
- Drive innovation in our approach to engaging with the field force
- Identify, develop and leverage new technologies and social platforms that connect and engage our employees to increase field effectiveness
- Drive outcomes by championing a measurement approach to field communication, incorporating relevant metrics that are indicators of employee engagement and alignment
- Maintain complete and accurate records for controls and compliance or business reviews
- Foster a One Team mindset across the business and work to unify, collaborate and drive for the best outcomes
Manage Actelion’s employee engagement activities in support of our corporate social responsibility efforts in South San Francisco
- Align with NA Pharm strategy, develop, implement and manage a continuum of community involvement strategies and programs that integrate, align, and support Credo values, recruitment, retention, people and leadership development programs, employer of choice efforts, and diversity and inclusion.
- Lead and execute employee volunteerism and giving campaigns as well as recognition programs at our South San Francisco campus. These activities encompass enterprise-wide and individual group days of caring, Bridge-to-Employment, Non-Profit Board training, volunteer recognition awards and employee giving campaigns (ie. Matching Gifts). Oversee and align campus related activities that span all campuses to provide a consistent experience for employees (Days of Caring, Blood Drives,Walks, Onsite giving, volunteer recognition programs and initiatives).
- Manage the charitable contributions cash donation process for South San Francisco campus. This will include chairing local contributions committee, determining disposition of local cash donations, managing local cash donation budget, non-profit site visits, due diligence, and partnership building.
- Represent Janssen/Actelion philanthropic initiatives externally and internally in the South San Francisco area. This position will interact with Actelion leadership, employees, non-profit organizations, local stakeholder groups, the public, and other companies and foundations. Individual will attend community events, host community groups onsite and accept awards on Company’s behalf, providing formal remarks.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; area of study in Communications or Corporate Social Responsibility is an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of business experience
- Healthcare or Pharma industry experience is preferred
- Strong Project Management skills
- High level of professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions, backgrounds – particular, providing counsel to senior management
- Prior success in crafting compelling stories, with exceptional written, oral and visual communication abilities
- Demonstrated analytic ability
- Experience managing agencies and budgets
- Excellent judgment
- Public Relations agency experience is an asset
- External communications
- Media engagement skills
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)