Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4648180625
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Principal Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Principal Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology will support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for pulmonary arterial hypertension. The position is a lab-based role and the successful candidate will be joining the In Vivo Pharmacology team and will lead and direct the execution of multiple projects. Responsibilities include study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The Prin. Sci. will use emerging developments in the field of PAH to generate novel target ideas and provide technical and strategic input with the goal of progressing novel drug candidates into clinical development and beyond. Oversees, performs and evaluates biological experiments to support discovery programs, identifies new targets and validates biological pathways and novel agents. Designs and ensures the successful coordination of research studies. Works on innovative methods or takes the lead in innovative methods to improve current systems and processes. Collaborates on external projects and cultivates cross functional relationships. Provides expert biology support consistent with business plan strategies. Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in own disease area(s). Reviews and stays current on published literature, and trends to provide leadership guidance. Provides scientific mentorship and management. Provides technical expertise, in terms of problem solving for complex technical problems using advanced knowledge and experience. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working in cross-functional teams, including translational medicine, discovery, biomarkers, program project teams and disease-specific working groups, to shape a discovery and pharmacology strategy for novel drug candidates and will bring forward novel translational animal models and innovative technologies to support long-term plans
- Pro-actively investigate, improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques
- Study planning, execution, troubleshooting, documentation according to best business practices
- Scientific supervision and mentoring of junior scientists may be a part of daily activities
- Interprets and integrates data and makes recommendations for critical discovery project decisions and achievement of project goals
- Presenting scientific accomplishments internally and externally to the scientific community including key opinion leaders
- Ph.D. with at least 6 years of post-graduate experience in in vivo pharmacology in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of cardiovascular diseases is required
- Working knowledge of pharmacology and/or drug discovery principles is required
- Expertise in the area of pulmonary arterial hypertension is required
- Demonstrated skills in cardiovascular basic research is required
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is required
- Record of scientific accomplishments directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic agents, including publishing work in journals, oral presentations within and outside industry, and participation in professional societies is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)