Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Assistant Scientist, Discovery Chemistry in Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Chemistry group is committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates working with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Assistant Scientist, Discovery Chemistry.
We are seeking a BS-level chemist with strong organic synthesis expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external medicinal chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery projects. This chemist will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists and biologists. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Scientist include:
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Synthesizing drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
- Collaboratively supporting the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
- Collaboration with structure-based design groups to impact rational design of molecules.
- Working on novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
- Contributing to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Generating data for and serving as co-author on research published in peer reviewed journals and presenting work at scientific conferences.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry is required.
- Undergraduate synthetic organic chemistry lab experience is required.
- Achievement in organic synthesis, with a knowledge of modern synthetic, analytical techniques is required.
- Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)