Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Data Network Design Engineering
Requisition ID: 4647190118NS
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Data Network Design Engineering to be located in any J&J location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As a Sr. Manager, Data Network Design Engineering, you will manage the overall functions to provide the efficient design, engineering and service delivery for supported Data Network infrastructure globally. This includes managing the technical solutions being delivered by external providers and internal resources, as well as management of the IT and Network staff responsible for efficient execution of all design and architecture standards, delivery processes and meeting of business requirements.
In this role, you will be accountable for evaluating existing network architectures and driving next generation solution development across technology platforms and production environments. You will also work closely with the IT staff leadership to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions that meet current and future business needs.
As a Sr. Manager, Data Network Design Engineering, you will:
Collaborate with the Sr Manager for Automation and Tools Engineering team to drive supportable solution development that delivers automated provisioning and fault mitigation capabilities across multiple technology domains. Provide knowledge transfer sessions with peer organizations and suppliers regarding changes in procedures, processes, documentation and frameworks. Manage JJSI staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.Translate, recommend, and approve technical platforms and solutions that are consistent with business and Network technology vision.
- Provide strong technical guidance on platform design, validation, testing and acceptance within Data Network Services. Provide pre-project consulting to the projects and operations and develop network solutions to solve business problems that will become part of a larger standardization effort.
- Drive & participate in GNS RFPs to deliver best of breed services per business requirements. Develop consistent network solution standards with appropriate documentation, templates, use cases and acceptance testing
- Establish and maintain regular communications with Architecture and Engineering as well as Operations Functions, Supplier Management and Vendors regarding pertinent data network infrastructure changes and improvement requirements
- Act as an escalation point for resolution of complex technical and network delivery and operational issues Research and brief peers and executive management on global delivery and operations
- Mentor Engineering staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- A minimum of a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering is required
- 10+ years direct experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production infrastructure is required
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing and driving a large team if network engineers and providing technical direction to drive business outcomes is required.
- Provide software development consulting to the network services organization and develop network solutions to solve business problems that will become part of a larger standardization effort.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience designing, installing and /or managing a highly available global production network for a large enterprise with at least 2 years of current hands on experience with data center and branch routing, switching and security.
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications, migration to public cloud services as well as application development methodologies.
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management's, and peer engineers.
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)