Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Process Improvement Manufacturing Lean Engineer
Requisition ID: 4641171110
DePuy Synthes Power Tools is recruiting for a Senior Process Improvement Manufacturing Lean Engineer, located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Senior Process Improvement Manufacturing Lean Engineer is responsible for implementing key business improvement initiatives across the site. They analyze, design, and improve business processes by enlisting and influencing multi-functional teams delivering tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing their business, leadership and technical skills, the Site Lean Lead will both execute projects and mentor all groups (associate to management) at the site. Responsible for developing and implementing process improvements using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and Manufacturing Maintenance Excellence principles/tools within the site
- Responsible for delivering process performance improvements around Quality, Product Supply, Distribution, and Cost
- Lead Site process improvement initiatives/projects including leading resource requirements, timeline and change management tools
- Manage the site Continuous Improvement Project Program and maintain accurate project updates in the CIP tracking system.
- Collaborate with partners across multiple functions.
- Responsible for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at all levels (associate to management) within the site
- Create sustained business improvement results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma DMAIC, and ME2
- Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility
- Align with J&J Safety Requirement and safe working conditions and practices in the department
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of teamwork, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required with Engineering or Science disciplines preferred.
- An advanced degree and/or MBA are a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the implementation of lean manufacturing tool application in a dynamic manufacturing environment is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of business experience in a regulated industry (Pharmaceutical, Consumer Product, Automotive, Aircraft, or Medical Device) is preferred. You are able to document successful prior leadership, deployment of Lean Principles and re-engineered manufacturing and transactional processes.
- Experience should include six sigma and lean methodologies, project management and strong multi-functional business insight.
- Ability to deliver oral and written communications around process improvement projects is required.
- An organized, analytical approach to problem solving is also essential. Some familiarity with FDA, GMP and ISO requirements is preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include, Microsoft Office, Mini-tab,and Visio are required.
- Working knowledge and proven ability in project management is also required.
- Ability to audit production areas and identify non-compliance to requirements, and develop/oversee action plans for corrective action is required.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, production planning and assembly is desired.
- In-depth understanding of accounting (standard cost), QSR/ISO requirements, trend analysis and failure rate analysis is also a plus.
- Comprehensive business insight on end-to-end Supply Chain is strongly preferred.
- A Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training and practical application is required.
- You have strong leadership: resilient, tenacious and persistent and have assertive influencing & collaboration/teaming skills. Proven change management skills (Change Integration Process) are required.
- A track record of tangible improvements is required.
- This position requires up to 5% travel domestically.
- This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)