Johnson & Johnson Careers
Suppy Chain Customer Solutions Lead - 6 month contract
Requisition ID: 4639190118
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopaedic implants, devices for women’s health including breast care, infection prevention and general-purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, haemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
Within J&J Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) the Supply Chain Customer Solutions (SCCS) Lead is directly responsible for partnering with the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Canada (JJMDC) Strategic Customer Group (SCG) and key healthcare customers in the development and implementation of supply chain customer solutions in the Canadian marketplace.
You will assess the joint J&J Customer supply chain for opportunities and develop improvement recommendations. You will implement these solutions based on customer and JJMDC business needs. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and direct customer interface in the assessment of the customer supply chain and will work directly with customer counterparts to implement solutions and measure results.
You will be responsible for engagement with customers for needs identification and implementation of on-site inventory management solutions as well as the continuous improvement of fulfillment processes related to these solutions. This responsibility comprises of project leadership to implement connectivity of cross-organizational IT systems, process mapping of current and future state fulfillment processes and inventory analysis/optimization. Once implemented, you will be responsible for the ongoing management of the customer relationship related to these solutions.
You will work within and across multiple functions and JJMDC businesses to execute responsibilities and lead change management efforts related to solutions implementation with J&J and Customer stakeholders. You will communicate across the organization to generate knowledge of inventory management solutions and communicate customer successes associated with these solutions.
• Partner with Customers to improve inventory and order management processes related to JJMDC products
• Assess Customer needs and understand current state product flow by facilitating discussion among key stakeholders including the Customer, J&J Sales, SCG and CLS functions
• Lead customer and J&J team in the installation of on-site inventory management solutions, including but not limited to current and future state process mapping, inventory analysis and optimization (PAR / Safety Stock / Min/Max), fulfillment process redesign and integration of J&J-Customer order management IT systems
• Own post-installation operational customer relationship (inventory and order management) for product covered by on-site inventory management solutions
• Lead analysis, development and implementation of supply chain solutions to integrate J&J-Customer supply chains and deliver joint value across organizations
• Evaluate logistics & supply chain processes and business practices to develop solutions to improve service and efficiency
• Conduct complex supply chain analysis using multiple data sources to diagnose effectiveness of JJMDC operational and transactional processes within J&J-Customer supply chain
• Deliver supply chain solutions to address supply chain costs, effectiveness and/or efficiency in the J&J-Customer Supply Chain
• Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics and/or Inventory Management experience required
• Experience working with supply chain systems technology is required, including but not limited to ERP, Master Planning, Warehouse Management, Inventory Management, and/or Replenishment based systems
• Inventory management experience is required. Including but not limited to demand/supply planning, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Collaborative Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment (CPFR) and setting PAR / Safety Stock levels
• Proven success in achieving financial and service targets related to inventory management is required
• Direct Project leadership / management experience is required
• Process excellence experience is preferred, including training, certification(s) and practical experience applying Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Experience in the healthcare sector, specifically Medical Devices and Technology is preferred
• Previous experience working directly with and managing Customers is preferred
• Strong interpersonal, and collaboration competencies, and demonstrated ability to cultivate strong business relationships across a matrixed organization
• Big picture thinking: looking for areas of improvement to create growth, improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage in the marketplace
• Results and performance driven with bias for action & sense of urgency on priorities.
• Proven leadership, analytical and strategic thinking abilities are essential with previous experience in an analytical role required
• Extensive analytical & troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication & presentation skills
Technical Competency requirements:
• Education: University degree is required. Degree in supply chain/engineering is preferred as is an MBA.
• Certifications: APICS CPIM and/or CSCP, Project Management Professional (PMP), and Green/Black Belt certification in Six Sigma or LEAN are preferred
• Minimum 5 years professional supply chain experience is required, preferably within the healthcare industry. Experience working in a highly matrixed organization is critical for success.
• Strong technical skills: SAP, Tableau, SQL, VBA, Cognos, Excel, and ability to quickly learn other internal and external systems
• French bilingualism is preferred
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)