Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Supplier Relations Management Lead to be located in Cincinnati Ohio with alternate work locations available in Bridgewater NJ, Somerville NJ and West Chester PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager - Supplier Relations Management Lead will be responsible for managing the relationships of key suppliers to Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will identify, develop and direct the relationship, development and implementation of the supplier strategies as outlined by the Category Leads. They will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
The Manager – Supplier Relationship Management Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific key suppliers to meet the strategies set forth by the Category Leads as well as meeting the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Interface directly with supplier leadership of key suppliers to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with key suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 30% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier performance
- 30% - Conduct supplier business reviews; establishing cadence and agenda together with category lead and business lead plus other appropriate parties to be involved
- 20% - Monitor and report risks in supplier relationships and utilize key insights in the development of the long term procurement vision and strategy
- 10% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- 5% - Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- 5% - Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global/Regional Procurement Leadership
- A bachelor's degree is required
- 3 years of related experience is required
- Business experience in multiple roles with at least 2+ years within a Procurement environment is preferred
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to understand and influence individuals
- Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes, Contracting, Negotiations
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- People management experience
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- Up to 30% domestic and international travel may be required
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)