Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager, Global Project Management - Beauty NPD
New Brunswick, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Requisition ID: 4619180228
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Global Project Management - Beauty NPD in Los Angeles, CA or New Brunswick, NJ. This position will report to the Director, Franchise Integration Lead IMO.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Manager, Global Project Management - Beauty NPD will:
• Lead and execute a portfolio of major or complex programs/projects to support the Global Innovation portfolio strategy. Emphasis will be on delivering projects on-time, within budget in a compliant and reliable manner.
• Lead cross-functional project teams from project onset through post implementation or launch activities
• Coach, Mentor and develop junior project managers (full-time J&J PMs and Contract PMs) who support regional Life Cycle Management or Innovation programs/projects. Subject Matter Expert in project & program management for Lifecycle Management and Innovation projects.
• Identifies, Leads and Deploys improvements in the current project/program management practices for the Innovation portfolio.
• Act as the IMO knowledge expert and liaison for the senior business partners, keeping the organization appropriately informed of Program and/or New Product risks/ mitigations and developments. Will demonstrate project leadership through escalating business impact risks and facilitating effective decision making amongst senior leaders at various Governance forums
• Act as an IMO knowledge expert for the Global team during interactions with Regional business partners and External business partners, as required for their appropriate programs
• Possess strong communication and acumen skills to lead the appropriate program discussions with Stakeholders, Sr. Leaders and Governance/ Decision Making forums. Ability to produce and present clear status reports in a tactful and candid manner
• SME on select departmental key business process initiatives
• Benchmarks to bring in good project/program management practices
• Have the following Program Management Competencies:
o Ability to establish clear project/ program scope (In & Out), define the extent of the project; define project deliverables; establish milestones and a detailed time line; define/align to resource requirements and establish a total project budget
o Define business case, develop and implement project charters and metrics; obtain stakeholder alignment; identify/manage project risks and develop risk mitigation plans; be a source of conflict resolution; manage project budgets
o Lead the deployment and improvements (Champions & Rolls out) of the project & portfolio management tools and techniques to be compliant with the use of agreed Global IMO practices, use of Portfolio systems (GenSight)
o Be the SME to perform cost/benefit analysis; identify budgetary needs and maintain focus on budget.
o Be aware of the approach to utilizing existing functional procedures that impact the project/ program (know enough to proactively identify, challenge and manage
o Responsible for measuring and reporting on the Innovation Dashboard/Scorecard metrics
o Ability to undertake continual adjustments with stakeholders in a persuasive manner, to keep projects on course by use of positive win/win attitude
o Ability to analyze the future impact of decisions by taking a big-picture approach, to strategically position projects with-in the business to relate to short and long-term objectives
o Ability to identify and make optimal use of resources
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• An MBA or an advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years combined business experience in two or more functional areas is required – Project Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement, Engineering, R&D, Sales, Marketing or Finance.
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience managing projects in a formal Project Management role is required.
• A demonstrated history of managing complexity is required.
• Experience launching new products in a GMP and regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Products) is preferred
• Experience managing people is preferred.
• An individual with strong understanding of the commercial landscape and consumer, drug or medical device industry experience in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
• Ability to meet the project objectives by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies regarding scope, quality, time and cost.
• Experience with Microsoft Project & Excel is required.
• Experience managing a portfolio of projects is highly desired.
• It is preferred that this candidate have experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, Training and/or Certification.
• It is preferred that the candidate have solid business knowledge, sound judgment, can communicate with technical partners, can influence stakeholders and change management skills
• Project Management Training and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified experience is preferred.
• Experience executing failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) or other risk assessment tools is preferred.
• Experience with financial statements and methodologies (P&Ls, Balance Sheets, COGs, GPs, ROAs, NPVs, IRRs) preferred.
• This position may require up to 10% travel domestically and internationally and is based in New Brunswick, NJ or Los Angeles, CA.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt