Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Science Lead, Supply Chain Analytics (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 4615180228
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is hiring a Data Science Lead, Supply Chain Analytics located in Bridgewater, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson – one of the 2 AAA rated companies, and the Top 5 companies by market cap - is transforming around Technology & Analytics to enable J&J to innovate faster and to compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson, The Data Science Lead, Supply Chain, is part of the transformation within J&J Supply Chain Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and provide insights throughout the supply chain through using predictive analytics and machine learning (image analysis for device prediction, demand forecasting, condition based product and asset monitoring) and optimization (supply chain design optimization).
This individual will be responsible for developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization. This individual will also Partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision making.
- Understanding the business opportunities within and beyond individual franchises to enable profitable growth.
- Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact.
- Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way.
- Being a change agent- continuing to be on the leading edge of the analytical capabilities outside of J&J – building capability within the organization.
- Provide though leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
- Advanced analytical skills to master complex optimization techniques
- Strong business acumen to understand functional domains within sales and marketing, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in Machine Learning algorithms using open source scripting language across different machine learning platforms.
- Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business.
- Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to stakeholders.
- Strong focus on B2C customer analytics, including customer satisfaction, opportunity analysis, customer journey to drive individualized customer engagement and outstanding outcomes.
- A bachelor in science in STEM OR information systems with 3+ years of relevant work experience is required.
- A master’s degree in advanced supply chain or information systems with 1+ years experience across different industries is preferred; PhD in Operations research is required.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as R, Python, HTML5, etc. is required; background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Significant exposure to optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in ingesting, cleansing and contextualizing data through advanced data engineering approach is preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required; strong preference for information integration across different sources (e.g. structured data, text, image) is required.
- Demonstrated skills in building scalable prototypes is required; demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP) is strongly preferred; experience on ML algorithms on platforms like MS-AZURE, AML is preferred.
- Proven communication and influence skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of the commercial insights associated with the product and brand lifecycle is preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)