Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics and Data Analysis – Neuroscience Biomarkers - La Jolla, CA
Requisition ID: 4599190912
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics and Data Analysis – Neuroscience Biomarkers, to be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist will perform multivariate analysis of -omics data in connection with Janssen Neuroscience clinical trials with the following goals: forge a better understanding of disease biology, provide tools for patient screening, risk assessment, diagnosis and staging, develop biomarker-based patient subgroups. The Senior Scientist will generate hypotheses and validate them using independent data sets. Responsibilities also include assessing and validating new biomarker technologies and working with the clinical teams to ensure the appropriate implementation of biomarker measurements.
The successful candidate will work with internal and external collaborators, partners, CROs, and Key Opinion Leaders, to develop and validate biomarker signatures. S/he will interface internally with Project Scientists and Laboratory Personnel and interact outside of the immediate group with Scientists in Neuroscience Discovery, Quantitative Sciences, Experimental Medicine and Clinical Development.
- A Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics/biomedical engineering/genetics and genomics or related fields is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Hands-on experience with data processing and analysis, statistical inference techniques, multivariate analysis and/or machine learning is required.
- Experience with establishing and validating links between phenotypes and biomarker measurements, such as proteomics, genomics and imaging data is preferred.
- A strong publication record, including several first author publications in peer-reviewed journals, are required.
- Good communication, collaboration and influencing skills are required.
- The position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)