Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Front End R&D
Requisition ID: 4598190118
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Front End R&D in Warsaw, IN
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Front End team generates creative solutions to real-world needs that directly benefit patients, while meeting growing business challenges. As part of our talented and passionate team, you will tenaciously drive the development of new technologies for orthopedic devices from concept to commercialization. With relentless focus on customers, you will work with global product development teams, marketing, and supply chain groups to identify and develop new technologies, materials and processes to drive cost-effective and differentiated medical devices of the highest quality. As part of our team, you will get to lead and perform hands-on characterization and testing work on new-to-us technologies of value to our business. You will have opportunities for training and engagement with experts across the company and the scientific community to develop premier technical skills. Responsibilities include:
- Seek creative solutions from across the corporation and the world, generating and challenging new ideas that will lead to intellectual property that makes an impact
- Will perform and, with input, design experiments, summarize and interpret data, prepare reports and presentations while adhering to applicable regulations and procedures
- Will collaboratively solve technical problems and lead investigations within the group. Opportunity to work independently to plan, conduct, and lead sub-projects to meet project team, department and company objectives.
- Work effectively face to face and remotely on cross-functional project teams
- Expected to present project work across management levels and to customers and author scientific publications and patents in support of key technologies. Expected to write reports, work instructions, test methods and procedures.
- Opportunities to build and grow state-of-the-art knowledge and skills for application to experimental work and projects
Master of Science or Engineering degree is required with a minimum or 3 years of relevant related experience is preferred
PhD degree in physics or engineering or materials science or related discipline is preferred.
- Innate curiosity and a real passion for technology as a life-long learner is preferred
- Ability to communicate detailed technical data to a diverse group of technical and non-technical associates involved in the new product development process is preferred.
- Analytical with the ability to assess, interpret and communicate the importance of technical data is preferred.
- Ability to analyze technical problems across different scales and drive to solutions is preferred.
- Ambitious, productive and ready to excel in cooperative, team-based environment is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills is preferred.
- Experience in research and development of medical devices is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)