Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Contract Manager
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 4597180313
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Contract Manager within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Reporting directly to the Johnson & Johnson Law Department, the Senior Contract Manager will be part of a team providing dedicated support as part of the North America Global Services Supplier Contracting Services team, providing effective and efficient contract review and world class negotiation support for the sourcing activities that are delivered to the Johnson & Johnson businesses. The Senior Contract Manager is a dedicated resource to the Supplier Contracting Services team within the North America Procurement Enterprise Business Support structure.
As the Senior Contract Manager, you will:
• Be responsible for managing the process of keeping the various contract templates up to date. The types of contracts could include (but are not limited to) master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, HCC related agreements, and other general agreements within the Commercial and/or Corporate functions. The engagements will have financial impact that ranges from several thousand dollars to several million dollars.
• Actively participate in identifying best practices and support strategic initiatives while partnering with the Supplier Contracting Services team to implement process improvement initiatives.
• Partner with the service delivery managers within the Supplier Contracting Services team to identify best practices, conduct training, perform audits, etc.
• partner with other members of the Law Department, the broader Procurement community, Finance, HCC and internal business partners, including senior management, as appropriate, in continued efforts to streamline contract related processes as well as integrate templates in an effort to improve turnaround times to an increasing client base.
• Review and negotiating agreements, including review of redlines and providing related support for the business/categories aligned to the position throughout the contracting process
• Identify and address training for other commercial contracting related needs of internal business partners on an as needed basis, including the community of contract champions within the Supplier Contracting Services team.
• Facilitate internal contract approval and stakeholder negotiation to resolve complex issues and assist in disputes (escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties, e.g. Health Care Compliance, Privacy, Johnson & Johnson Law Department)
• Own the templates and clause library utilized by the team
• Provide direction and guidance related to the contracting process
• Ensure conformity to business needs, proper risk allocation and compliance with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures
• Support the global contracting process & technology strategy as defined through broader Enterprise Standards and Productivity initiatives
• A minimum of a Juris Doctor or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required
• Significant transactional experience at a law firm is preferred
• Current attorney license in appropriate jurisdiction is preferred
• Strong ability to design, develop and lead strategic and process improvement initiatives are preferred
• Strong team working skills, relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills are required
• Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem solving ability are required
• Strong leadership skills: ability to lead and manage cross functional teams is required
• Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required
• Travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally is required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)