Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff, EHS&S Specialist
Requisition ID: 4595190513
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff EHS&S Specialist in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
This position is the senior technical leader within the Lititz EHS&S organization and is responsible for a broad range of environmental health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S) compliance and strategy at the Lititz, PA campus. This position reports to the EHS&S Manager and requires a broad knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulations and the ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Under the direction of the EHS Manager, support all aspects of EHS programs at the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products site in Lititz, PA
- Provide direction and coaching to EHS&S junior staff and EHS&S committee chairs
- Support site leadership in driving system-based ownership of EHS&S through the organization to create a safe and compliant EHS&S culture through robust engagement of all personnel.
- Manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from the risk analysis to the implementation of appropriate control measures
- Manage the site’s process safety management (PSM) program (OSHA PSM and J&J Tier 1 PSM programs).
- Lead and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure successful integration of the EHS program
- Be a technical expert for EHS programs that supports execution of the J&J EHS&S Policy and drives continuous improvement
- Recognize and assess EHS&S hazards and risks. Identify, analyze and communicate EHS&S compliance requirements including securing of EHS-related permits when needed
- Assess compliance, identify and investigate non-compliances and track actions to closure. Use results of risk assessment tools to recommend appropriate control strategies
- Evaluate, plan and implement Environmental Health and Safety programs
- Document results accordingly and present to appropriate site personnel and management
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations to determine impact on operating location
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHS training and awareness programs
- Manage and/or conduct industrial hygiene (noise and chemical) monitoring, perform ergonomic risk assessments, conduct machine guarding risk assessments and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job functions
- Perform routine EHS assessments and utilize the Johnson & Johnson comprehensive management system to identify program-specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures
- Conduct root cause incident investigations, workplace inspections and risk assessments and make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence of incidents.
- Develop and establish Operational Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics
- Assist with the coordination and serve as an active member on the site(s) Emergency Response Team(s). Establish training programs and drills as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering or related technical discipline is required
- Experience in developing and implementing high risk work programs (for example PSM, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Safety, Powered Industrial Vehicles, Non-Routine Work, Permit to Work, Hot Work, etc.) is required.
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is required
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in assessing Industrial Hygiene risks preferred.
- Experience conducting Industrial Hygiene monitoring is preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of machine and electrical safety, including machine guarding and Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LO/TO) programs, preferred.
- EHS auditing experience is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required
- Knowledge of impacts of industrial operations on employees through ergonomic principles is preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability generate all required reports & record keeping systems is preferred
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action. Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001,is preferred
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
- The ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies, is required
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Ability to use the Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function is required
- This position is located in Lititz, PA and requires up to 5% domestic and possibly international travel
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Environmental Health & Safety