Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post-Doctoral Fellow, CAR-T Drug Product Formulation Development
Requisition ID: 4587190912
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The CAR-T Drug Product Development team in Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) is seeking an energetic, highly motivated post-doctoral Fellow to develop next generation CAR-T drug product and manufacturing process platforms. In this role you will provide a rare opportunity to execute pioneering and innovative approaches to stabilize and deliver novel CAR-T based therapeutics to patients. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, you will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
At Janssen, post-doctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery and development. We partner with the Discovery and Clinical divisions and support a wide range of Therapeutic Areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. We are committed to fostering a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force. You will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and has made significant contributions to human health. You will also collaborate and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities/new technologies to improve CAR-T Drug Product formulation and manufacturing processes
- Independently design and establish a strategic innovation strategy to develop next generation CAR-T drug product stabilization and manufacturing process platforms
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop next generation CAR-T drug product development strategies, including design of experiments, execution of the planned experiments, and optimization of the process steps
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners, and present findings
- Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of detailed records, notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, safety, and environmental requirements is expected
The ideal candidate should possess
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomaterials, Biological Sciences, or a related field is required
- Experience in polymer chemistry and cell culture and handling is required
- Experience in cell-based assays and flow cytometry analysis is preferred
- Working knowledge in T-cell biology and immunology is preferred
- Working experience in CAR-T biology and process is preferred
- Previous experience and a good track record in development of new technologies/processes is required
- Ability to challenge status quo, and develop intellectual insights is required.
- Ability to drive independently the innovation projects including design and execution of the strategy/studies is required
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks, handle tight timelines and deliver quality data
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats, is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)