Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Engineer, Enabling Technologies
Requisition ID: 4587181015
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Engineer, Enabling Technologies to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
In this role, as part of a cross-functional team, you will identify clinical needs, monitor market trends, and leverage state of the art technologies across disciplines and industries. You will work to understand the interactions among multiple individual components and develop system-level requirements for upstream and downstream applications. You will build prototypes and run simulations that realizes early stage development and concretely assesses these holistic requirements. This role requires an individual who is passionate about applying new technology to orthopaedic surgery that improves the lives of patients and surgeons.
- Design and develop orthopaedic solutions and complex systems, including software as a medical device.
- Navigate ambiguity by applying engineering fundamentals and disciplined problem-solving techniques.
- Collaborate with other domain experts to solve complex problems.
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Compose technical reports and presentations as well as participate in drafting design control documents for new product development.
- Act as a subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, or related discipline with 2 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree and/or PhD with relevant experience is required (Research experience can count towards experience).
- Demonstrated experience completing projects with established timelines and budgets required.
- Experience overcoming technical challenges as well as driving projects through completion required.
- Direct experience with computational tools such as Python, MATLAB, and 3d Slicer or similar tools required.
- Direct experience with machine learning approaches to problem solving is required.
- Direct experience with image analysis and computer vision is required.
- Experience effectively communicating technical information to non-technical audience is required.
- Experience partnering and influencing without direct line authority is required.
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)