Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist Analytical Development, Biotherapeutics Development
Requisition ID: 4586190513
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist Analytical Development, Biotherapeutics Development to be based in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Analytical Development group is seeking an Associate Scientist who will be part of a dynamic Separations team. The primary responsibility will focus on development, validation and transfer of separations-based analytical methods to QC labs. You should have a broad skill set and knowledge of Separations technologies including chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and UV/VIS spectroscopy applications. You should be able to thrive in a team setting in a fast-paced GMP environment, contribute technical expertise to multiple large molecule programs, be proficient with documentation and review of analytical data, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Additional responsibilities for the Associate Scientist may include:
• Participate in initiatives to improve lab processes including 5S, Lean in the Lab and visual management.
• Execute experiments to develop new separation-based analytical methods
• Work with contract and QC laboratories to transfer methods and review data to ensure that quality standards are met
• Provide input and identifies problems with scientific experiments
• Complete GMP and safety trainings
• A BS with 2-3 years of experience or a Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline with at least 1 year of relevant research experience or pharma/biotech industry experience is required.
• A strong background in multiple separation-based technologies (e.g. HPLC, cIEF, cSDS, etc.) is preferred
• A protein biochemistry background with knowledge of protein characterization/post-translational modifications is required.
• Ability to creatively solve technical problems while meeting project timelines
• Ability to plan, execute and document studies with limited guidance
• Excellent in instrument troubleshooting and routine instrument maintenance
• Ability to lead, connect and shape. Excellent communicator, great social skills, and team player.
• Highly self-driven and strong curiosity to learn new things
• This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)