Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Supervisor ~Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV)
Requisition ID: 4554180227
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc. (JJSV) is recruiting for an Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Supervisor. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. JJSV is headquartered in Santa Ana, California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Responsible for the site-level environmental health and safety infrastructure. Depending on risk/size of facility, this role will possibly manage an EHS&S team. Responsible for ensuring the local facility EHS operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards. Partner with site leadership teams to establish and implement site EHS strategy and Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with the JJSC and/or franchise commercial strategic imperatives and R&D.
- Shared responsibility with site Commercial Leader for EHS performance at the site
- Partner with local management to develop and implement a site MAP to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Manage EHS professionals at local facility. Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, and salary planning process.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Provides upper management with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
- Develop and implement EHS training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program.
- Maintain local ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications, VPP/OHSAS) by ensuring site EHS management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
- This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders, Supply Chain leaders, Commercial partners, Quality, regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- A minimum of six (6) years of professional experience and a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum six (6) years of EHS experience is required.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is required.
- Experience as a Project Lead, Manager, Team Lead or Supervisor is highly preferred.
- Ability to lead local EHS professionals and manage additional multi-site EHS resources is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in an FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly preferred.
- Technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations is an asset.
- Previous experience in developing reports & working with record keeping systems is an asset.
- This position may require up to 10% travel domestically and /or internationally.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
We are driving a world of industry-leading innovation taking place right here in California, every day. In a state known for cutting-edge technology, discover a group of companies known for transforming the future of health care. Watch our talented employees passionately speak to the broad range of opportunities for personal fulfillment, career flexibility and professional growth that inspire them to feed their passion here http://youtu.be/hUO6xtsudoA
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
Environmental Health & Safety