Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator Mechanic II - 3rd Shift (4 positions)
San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 4551180227
Ethicon LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an Operator Mechanic II, 3rd Shift for the facility located in San Lorenzo, PR.
Located in San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, the Ethicon, LLC manufacturing facility hosts over 1,000 associates dedicated to produce world-class medical devices to safely and effectively meet the needs of patients from all continents. Ethicon LLC, develops and markets products within three divisions: Ethicon Products for precise wound closure and tissue repair, Ethicon Women's Health & Urology for minimally invasive women's health procedures, and Johnson & Johnson Wound Management for hemostasis and advanced wound care.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
As the Operator Mechanic II, 3rd Shift you will:
- Produce different sizes and types of products of high quality and pre-determined production outputs.
- Optimize machine performance by observing operating conditions, replenishing raw materials and removing product that has cycled through the machine.
- Use machine software to control the equipment.
- Use initiatives to assure efficient machine operations and high quality standards.
- Perform Machine Diagnosis (process problems), machine changeovers, machine setups, inspects and dispositions the finished product.
- Be responsible of correcting machine problems to minimize downtime.
- Operate drill press, grinders, welding equipment and other tools to make repairs.
- Be responsible for the coordination and execution of Preventive Maintenance to the assigned equipment and for the documentation of the PM’s and work orders.
- Read diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoots computerized equipment.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and in compliance with the established 6S program for the work area.
- Proper use of all personal protective equipment, if required, to safely perform the job as necessary.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
- An Associate’s Degree in Electronic Technology, Electronics, Industrial Mechanics or related technical field is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Technology, Electronics, Industrial Mechanics is highly preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a regulated industry is required.
- Strong electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and troubleshooting skills is preferred.
- Basic PLC knowledge and ability to read schematics is a plus. Basic knowledge in vision systems is preferred.
- Experience in an automated industrial environment is highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge in HAPA printing will be preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English and Spanish.
- Must have basic computer management skills in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). Proficiency in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and/or Maximo is preferred.
- Availability to work in any assigned shift is required.
- Must be able to work extra hours, at night or on week-ends and irregular shifts. Able to respond to emergency calls and to support other departments or projects according to business needs.
- Availability to travel approximately 10% of the time is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)