Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Salesforce DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: 4546181015
Johnson and Johnson, Application Services, are currently recruiting for a Lead Salesforce DevOps Engineer to join our team. We develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. This position can only be located in Tampa, FL. J&J Application Services operates an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organizing and autonomous.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Lead Salesforce DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the planning and oversight of all phases of release management for the key Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) platforms, mainly Salesforce.com. The Release Manager will work cross functionally to understand demand and coordinate efforts across various projects and delivery teams through the entire delivery life cycle. Additionally, the Release Manager will be responsible for all environment management duties such as refresh schedules, oversight of deployment activities, capacity planning, etc. As a critical member of the Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) team, the Release Manager will be expected to drive best practices in environment and release management as well as recommendation for process improvement. The Release Manager will also be responsible for working with the various Governance Teams in addition to acting as the lead for all.
This role will report directly to the Product Development Manager.
- Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software.
- Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management.
- Manage source code for branch and merge strategy.
- Architect and design continuous delivery process and automation with Jenkins.
- Work with project managers, other architects and team leads and come up with the decision for the need of code branches.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development/deployment.
- Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist (ensuring that no projects release faulty software into production).
- Build consistent release management processes across the SFE organization to ensure they are adopted across the major platforms. Build processes and metrics to monitor adoption.
- Captures customer insights to improve Sales Force Effectiveness Services throughout delivery and delivers continuous improvement recommendations to service owners. May conduct impact analysis on process/tools coming from new/enhanced services.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in large enterprises preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in version control systems (preferably GIT), incident tracking tools (e.g. JIRA) and build/deployment tools (preferably Bitbucket and Jenkins) is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of managing releases on large, global platforms is required
- A minimum of 3 years of SalesForce.com experience is required
- Experience in Continuous Integration and delivery process is required
- Results driven, quick learner, and a self-starter required
- May require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel
- Exposure to Apex and Visualforce development.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201)
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM 301)
- Project Management / ITIL
- HP ALM Experience
- Pros and/or Optymyze application Knowledge
- Program/Project Management Experience
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)