Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd shift
Requisition ID: 4543190911
DePuy Synthes, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd shift.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
As a Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd shift, you will:
• Be responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and QSR requirements in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Be responsible for active people management and talent development. Create standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs.
• Be responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
• Cultivate a team environment within the department, Business Unit/Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
• Develop corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits.
• Ensure timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and has accountability for meeting objectives and taking an active role in project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans).
• Maintain and improve quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
• Conduct sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
• Maintain the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments.
• Works closely with Engineering and Planning functions to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Works with Engineering to develop appropriate set up and lay out of equipment and cleanliness of general work areas.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; an Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline is preferred.
• Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required.
• Two (2) years of people leadership or management experience is required.
• Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required; ISO9001 or ISO13485 is preferred.
• Experience with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred.
• Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8) is preferred.
• Prior experience working in a union-manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc) is preferred.
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required.
• General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
• Must have PC knowledge with experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
• Proven leadership capabilities to drive talent development are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must have proven strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all departments and levels of management.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)