Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Cell Biology - Targeted Therapeutics
Requisition ID: 4521190117
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Associate Scientist II, Cell Biology - Targeted Therapeutics, Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum (including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids) in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. In this laboratory-based position, the Associate Scientist 2 will collaborate with a group of scientists within the Targeted Therapeutics group to conduct in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing experiments and presenting data through both written and oral communication. Candidate will need to collaborate regularly with both internal and external scientists.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs. The Associate Scientist 2 will:
- Implement and execute assays aimed at understanding intracellular and tissue specific targeting using PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, and high content microscopy.
- Design and execute non-routine experiments with minimal supervision.
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- Generate and maintain experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and positively with both internal and external colleagues across all levels.
- Effectively plan and coordinate preclinical studies at CROs.
- Present/defend scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Immunology or Cell Biology, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience is required
- Industry experience is preferred
- Advanced cell culture technique is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in assay development is required
- Experience in two or more of the following is required: PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, high content microscopy, cell-based assays (including cytotoxicity, internalization or transcytosis)
- Must have a proven track record of multi-tasking projects and be able to understand how data impacts project progression required.
- Demonstrated expertise in either oncology or immunology through publications, meeting abstracts and technical reports is preferred.
- Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)