Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DIRECTOR NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (NBD), ONCOLOGY TA, LUNG CANCER DISEASE AREA STRONGHOLD (DAS)
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 4515180404
Janssen Global Services is currently recruiting for a Director New Business Development (NBD), Oncology TA, Lung Cancer Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO) to be based in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. Learn more at www.janssen.com and www.twitter.com/JanssenGlobal.
Janssen focuses on five therapeutic areas: infectious diseases and vaccines (e.g., HIV, hepatitis, respiratory infections, tuberculosis, Ebola and E. coli), immunology (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and psoriasis), neuroscience (e.g., Alzheimer's disease, mood disorders and schizophrenia), oncology (e.g., prostate cancer, hematologic malignancies and lung cancer), and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (e.g., thrombosis and diabetes).
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director NBD, Oncology TA, Lung Cancer Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, valuing, and championing new business opportunities for the Lung Cancer DAS portfolio. The individual will partner with Lung Cancer DAS leaders, Janssen R&D, Janssen Business Development (L&A and M&A) and Regional New Business Development teams to screen external opportunities, lead cross company/cross functional commercial due diligence, develop compelling and transparent business cases and ensure that appropriate positions are communicated to management.
• Maintain external marketplace knowledge and customer relationships with key business and clinical stakeholders.
• Play an active role in coordinating ongoing new business development efforts in support of the Lung Cancer DAS external business priorities.
• Have long term strategic outlook (visionary) yet be able to operate with a short-term focus (project basis) and will exemplify J&J Credo values.
• Possess strong commercial acumen as well as analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent communications skills, the ability to mobilize the organization, act decisively, and the ability to influence senior management are critical for success in this role.
• Capable of coordinating and leading multi-functional, cross company teams and have the ability to integrate and synthesize technical, regulatory, competitive and market knowledge/insights.
• Interact with senior management and must demonstrate global & financial acumen.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA is preferred
• Minimum of seven (7) years progressive and diverse pharmaceutical experience OR if within J&J, minimum of seven (7) years of experience in either medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer, with expertise in competitive analysis, finance, forecasting, analytics, marketing or business development is required
• Current or previous oncology experience is required
• Current or previous business development or marketing experience is preferred
• An understanding of full pharmaceutical value chain and proven cross functional leadership success is required
• Extensive knowledge of commercial/clinical markets is preferred
• Possess and can demonstrate core competencies in integrating competitive intelligence, forecasting, valuations and financial acumen to develop transparent and comprehensive business cases is required
• Prior experience and a proven track record of success in ambiguous and complex environments are required
• Ability to partner and influence without authority with leaders at all levels globally and locally is required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
• Strong leadership and an ability to Connect, Shape, Lead & Deliver in a credo-based, ethical manner is required
• Demonstrated ability to develop deep insights, uncover unmet needs, drive innovation, collaborate and lead within a global matrixed team is required
• This position will be located in Raritan, NJ and will require up to 25% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)