Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager Network Delivery and Operations
Requisition ID: 4499180619
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The Manager, Network Delivery Engineering leads the regional operational management and support of the global network services across J&J’s operating companies within each region at various locations. J&J’s network environment includes regional datacenters and sites with emerging technologies (e.g. SDN, SDDC and Virtualization) as well as foundational network services (e.g. Data, voice, Video, WLAN, IPAM, Contact Centers, and Cabling).
The Manager -Network Delivery Engineering role is to manage the operational support of J&J’s Global network infrastructure and services. The goal of the Manager Network Delivery Engineering is to manage the outcomes of support teams to eliminate any adverse effects on the business, mitigate disruptions in a proactive manner, and if disruption is experienced return service as quickly as possible then apply permanent solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
In addition, this position will drive adherence to the contractual SLAs, other metrics, and continuous improvement goals to be performed by the Service Provider/s and other support vendors. The Manager Network Delivery Engineering will also manage and provide oversight for the Reliability Process and regional Change Management for the network domain.
- Play a leading role in supporting all network infrastructure operations across multiple technology domains (Voice, Video, Data, Call Center, and network applications)
- Ensure Incident Management is achieving the goal of fast and efficient restoration of services
- Ensure best in class network performance through proactive and predictive network monitoring and controls
- Thoroughly review change controls to determine if they are complete and accurate based on the ITIL Framework.
- Manage infrastructure risks, process and system optimization (e.g. automation and flow), Change management, Compliance, Reliability/Problem Management, Asset Management, and Incident Management, including:
- Oversight and accountability for the Reliability Process within the Network domain
- Lead Change Management performance including Change quality and technical review / approval of Changes within region
- Manage the Service Provider/s and other vendors performance in supporting and maintaining the network and communication technologies
- Lead continuous service improvement, focusing on Incident and Reliability
- Governance over network Sev1’s within region to ensure the Managed Service Provider is restoring service as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Manage relationships with Business IT units to understand and respond to customer’s operational needs
- Create a trusting and ethical work environment while serving as a role model for making Credo-based decisions
- Advise executive management on the following:
- Operational and Global Network Support performance
- Significant trends and recommended actions
- High priority problems and action plan
- Potential risk of the overall environment
- Future recommendations for tool, operational, and process improvements
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a B.S. in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field is preferred.
- Proven vendor management experience is required.
- Industry certifications such as ITILv3 Certification is preferred.
- Cisco certifications CCNP, CCIE highly preferred.
- Agile, scrum, scrum-ban, Dev Ops, lean certification and life cycle management certifications preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years managing complex Network infrastructure within data centers and remote locations, unified communication technology and call center operations is required
- Managing process optimization, risk management, continuous improvement, policy and procedures is required.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of broad IT infrastructure experience in a large global organization is required.
- Strong knowledge in these technologies preferred: load balancing, remote access, VPN, caching, and WAN optimization
- Strong hands on knowledge of Cisco Routers and Switches (Nexus 7k, 5k and Cat9000), Meraki, Firepower, F5 load balancers and BlueCoat Proxy Technology is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of networking systems and TCP/IP to include experience in IP Addressing and Subnetting; Network Address Translations; MTU; QoS is preferred.
- Strong to expert knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; strong understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, Multicast, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Cisco ASA’s (Security Appliances); SONET , MPLS, POS, Multicast and how to properly implement these technologies is preferred.
- Ability to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)