Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Finance Director, J&J Innovation - JJDC
Requisition ID: 4484180227
Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC (JJDC) is J&J’s Corporate Venture Capital subsidiary and makes investments in new and existing private and public health care companies on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. JJDC’s mission is to enable the identification, de-risking and onboarding (through M&A or licensing) of new products and technologies across all sectors. Investment companies include those in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical and surgical devices, health care information technology, diagnostics and consumer products. The JJDC team is located at J&J’s Innovation Centers around the Globe (London, Boston, Shanghai, Menlo Park/Silicon Valley) and in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Sr. Finance Director of JJDC reports to the CFO of J&J Innovation and leads a team of 7 Finance and Operations professionals. The individual is responsible for providing financial leadership to the team alongside the Global President and Head of JJDC. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee 100+ annual new and follow on investment decisions including business case assessment, financial diligence, deal structure, valuation, and accounting considerations.
- Manage approval and execution of all investments in partnership with OpCo Finance, Global Treasury, Legal Counsel and Portfolio Company teams.
- Manage $1B+ private investment portfolio comprised of 100+ investments. Manage recurring portfolio reviews.
- Compliantly manage the JJDC publicly traded portfolio including IPO transitions, dispositions, regulatory filings and hedging processes.
- Own partnership with J&J R&D and sector CFO’s
- Own partnerships with portfolio company CFO’s and management teams. Ensure ongoing awareness on all material portfolio company developments. Review portfolio company business plans on an ongoing basis.
- Lead quarterly and annual risk assessment, fiscal close, and forecasting processes. Manage quarterly accounting reviews with Global Technical Accounting Advisory Services & Policy team and J&J auditors.
- Deliver quarterly and annual financial commitments.
- Lead through M&A + licensing onboarding transitions in partnership with Corporate M&A and OpCo BD Finance
- SME on accounting frameworks for financial instruments. Influence accounting positions as standards change or arise.
- Support build out of new enterprise platforms (e.g. Surgical Robotics) in partnership with OpCo Finance teams.
- Develop novel transaction structures to compliantly achieve J&J Innovation objectives. Subject matter expert for new company formation, spin out and fund structures.
- Ensure 100% compliance with internal J&J compliance requirements as well as with relevant external regulatory bodies (SEC, IRS, relevant International)
- Manage JJDC Systems environment.
- Unfailing integrity and a track record of leadership behavior in line with the principles of the J&J Credo is required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment characterized by high uncertainty is required.
- Demonstrated people leadership skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through conflict is required
- Advanced Finance and Accounting technical skills are required.
- A minimum of 12 years of Finance and Accounting experience are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required.
- Executive level communication skills and experience interfacing with senior levels of leadership is required
- Strong strategic thinking skills are required.
- The ability to travel 15% of the time is required.
- Prior experience in the Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device industries is preferred
- Prior venture capital/M&A/business development/transactional Finance experience is preferred
- An MBA, CMA, or CPA is preferred.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)