Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRODUCT MANAGER, C-SATS
Requisition ID: 4481181012
C-SATS, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Product Manager.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices.
C-SATS leverages first-of-its-kind technology to offer a performance management system that uses a unique combination of data, analytics, artificial intelligence and human insights to evaluate and improve surgical skills. Combined with the Johnson & Johnson Institute's vast educational resources, surgeons and operating room staff are empowered with confidential, objective, near-real-time reviews of cases and personalized recommendations on how best to improve their technical skills with the most effective tools and resources available.
Rooted in robust research across a team of surgeons, engineers and biostatisticians at the University of Washington, C-SATS was formed in 2014 and joined the Johnson & Johnson family of companies in 2018. C-SATS enables surgeons to upload surgical videos for unbiased assessment by expert surgeons and trained reviewers. Using validated tools, skill levels are then benchmarked and tracked over time. Technical skills are correlated to measure subsequent improvements in outcomes such as blood loss, complication rates, and 30-day readmissions. C-SATS has already demonstrated value in some of the nation’s largest health systems. Learn more about us at csats.com or engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
C-SATS’ systems and processes are on the verge of significant scale. We are seeking a Product Manager to help us meet our ambitious technological growth objectives. You will own and manage the delivery of innovative new products to keep the business relevant and competitive, helping us meet current and future customer demands for improving patient care and outcomes. You will lead and drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company.
– Contribute towards product strategy and vision
– Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
– Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
– Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
– Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, analyze, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
– Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
– Drive product launches including working with external-facing teams, executives, and other product management team members
– Analyze product data to develop strategies, and define objectives for effective and iterative development plans
– Bridge the gap among the different departments involved in successfully bringing products to market, including R&D, engineering, UX design, marketing, sales, account management, and customer support
– Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
– Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
– Minimum 8 years’ experience in product management
– Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
– Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
– Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
– Highly effective cross-functional team management
– Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation skills
– Both tactical and strategic work
– Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers and adherence to J&J Credo
– Current on all your vaccinations such as MMR, Chicken Pox, annual influenza, etc.
– Not bothered by watching surgical videos
– Bachelor’s Degree Required
OUR CULTURE IS FABULOUS AND FORWARD THINKING:
Being a part of the C-SATS team is awesome! While we remain a lot like a startup, we’re also a part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. In addition to a world-class standard benefits package, including pension, 401(k) match, bonus and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
– A really, really fun group of co-workers
– A beautiful office space in the heart of downtown Seattle
– Top-of-the-line computers, dual monitors, and standing desks
– Causal dress code
– Exciting and energizing company outings
– Generous time off for full-time employees
– Parking/transit commuter pre-tax benefits
– Pet insurance
– Endless developmental opportunities, including Financial Aid to Education (FATE)
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our customers. We learn new things every day, support one another, and we value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.