Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COOP
Requisition ID: 4477181012
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Drexel Product Development Co-op located in Westchester, PA.
DePuySynthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
Caring for the world, one person at a time; inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. For 127 years, we embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 128,000 employees at more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets
You will use your engineering knowledge to support the process of developing trauma orthopedics products. You will use Creo 3.0 to layout and/or design surgical implants, instruments, test fixtures. You will contribute to the development of the products by drafting and running development tests. You will have an opportunity to work with product development engineers in support of a variety of verification activities including, but not limited to, drawing reviews, tolerance stack analysis, mechanical testing and finite element analysis. This position will also provide you with the opportunity to attend cadaver labs.
Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills. Engineering students who like to “tinker” and/or work with their hands are preferred. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
You will maintain active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members. You will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
Expected hours/duration of co-op:
You must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location.
Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Drexel University Engineering student in good standing and enrolled in the Co-op program. We are looking for candidates pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- We are looking for candidates that are:
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- “Hands-on” engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Technical competencies are highly desirable such as is experience with PTC Creo, mechanical testing, and medical device documentation.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)