Johnson & Johnson Careers
GME Site Lead
Requisition ID: 4474180618
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a GME Site Lead located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
General Summary: The Global Make Engineering Leader is responsible to deliver the capital assets needed to achieve the total site transformation as per the 2025 RoadMap. The Lititz GME-Leader assures that his/her Team delivers Innovation through a robust portfolio of Mfg. automation projects. The Lititz PA site is 1.2 Million square feet, and contributes $1.3 Billion in Gross trade sales to McNeil Consumer Healthcare with 445 colleagues on-site. The Lititz site produces 345 Million units annually across 237 SKU’s. The products at the Lititz site range from Medical Devices, Over the Counter (OTC) products to Cosmetics. The site is also provides three Johnson and Johnson Mega Brands to the consumer, Listerine, Aveeno, and Johnsons Baby Oil. The complex site is governed by the FDA, BATF (the site is a licensed distillery for Listerine), OSHA PSM and other local state and federal agencies.
The Lititz GME Leader will be responsible for three key areas:
I. All Engineering related aspects of the plant
• Capital Projects (planning, estimation and execution), Annual budget of $20~$30MM (75+ projects/yr)
• Delivering CIP based Engineering Projects
• DRI of the site Capital Portfolio and its Cashflow for ALL functions within the site
• Responsible to drive Process Innovation & Optimization
• Responsible to drive Equipment Innovation & Optimization
• Implementation of Global Platform Initiatives
• Supervise an Engineering Team of 8~10 professionals
• Responsible for Ergonomics solution for Union and non-Union workers
• Own and maintains the Site Master Plan
• Supports site product insourcing activities, including product selection, manufacturing and packaging strategies, cost estimating, and presenting to senior leadership.
• Supports all Consumer based businesses as and SME as requested
• Support FDA inquiries related to all Engineering tasks within the site. Participate in FDA visits to the site
II. All Automation related aspects of the plant
• All Automation related projects (PLC, Software & Robotics)
• MES implementation
• Complex GMP databases
• CSV Support
• Audits & deviation support
• Manufacturing for the Future (MFF) Technologies
III. All Equipment & Qualification aspects
• Equipment Protocols, FATs, SATs, Validation Master Plans, etc
• CSV Execution
The Lititz GME Leader participates in global teams facilitating global Platforms deployments; champions cross-functional process/product improvement teams through engineering initiatives, aligns all relevant engineering projects impacting other departments such as warehouse, customer service, materials management, Laboratory, Utilities and manufacturing to ensure efficient line fulfillment and customer satisfaction. Directs engineering priorities and oversees all engineering project management related to the process equipment, including compliance/remediation. The position monitors performance of engineering labor force to meet the demands and expectations of the site leadership and acts as strategic partner to the business, leads engineering projects, engineering resources, including contractors for the facility and operations.
The Lititz GME Leader leads Six-Sigma initiatives, including Robust Processes initiatives with engineering staff, reviews engineering programs and plant compliance records, understands and leverages the use of regional engineering resources within J&J and directs staff in the development of engineering projects.
The Lititz GME Leader reviews and approves standard operational and working practices for engineering, authorizes modifications as appropriate, approves plant's engineering budget and initiates effective cost control practices relative to engineering. The position coaches, mentors and provides developmental opportunities to staff, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action when necessary and complies with site policies, procedures, quality standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as well as safety and environmental regulations. (Interacts with the FDA, ATF, EPA , OSHA, Federal Rail Authority, and other government agencies).
At high level, The Lititz GME Leader implements concurrent project assignments, at various levels of completion, requiring several areas of technical and functional expertise to support manufacturing/operational needs.
The Lititz GME Leader provides direction with an engineering and operational perspective for utility equipment selection, custom design, integration, capital justification, project management, specifications, acceptance criteria, installation, commissioning, validation, operator training, and maintenance turnover in accordance to good engineering principles, OSHA, FDA/GMP, environmental, J&J and sector corporate standards and other applicable legal requirements. The Lititz GME Leader provides direction and consultation to engineering staff including site master engineering and manufacturing/operational engineering, provides leadership (by example) in the areas of the J&J Credo, safety, GMP, operational effectiveness and by challenging the “status quo.” The position evaluates the impact of future equipment, processes, methods and technology on operations and products for utility system, performs benchmarking and brings best practices from Global J&J Engineering.
The Lititz GME Leader analyzes complex or unique business process requirements and improvement opportunities, distills technical information and provides presentations to cross-functional management teams. The position establishes and adheres to budgets and time commitments, solicits bids and purchases equipment or services from vendors and contractors, establishes good working relationship with vendors and ensures all work is in compliance with company and government guideline. The Director supports ongoing business development needs and new product introductions in conjunction with the marketing, Finance, Product Development, Packaging Development and Operations functions, directs the strategies and objectives of the C&Q Department and directs the remediation efforts pertaining to the Operations Engineering Department.
The Director of Engineering establishes and directs the strategies, objectives and goals of the Site Master Planning Department, directs the strategies, objectives and goals of the Equipment Qualification Department, is responsible for the overall budget of the LTZ site as it relates to Engineering, Site Master Planning, and Equipment Qualification.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required with a focus in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• MS Eng./MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• A Professional Engineering registration or certification is also preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience is required.
• A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Managerial experience in a FDA-regulated industry is required.
• Experience managing complex engineering projects & programs is required.
• Process Excellence (Six Sigma) Black Belt certification is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Lean concepts and broad understanding of Supply Chain Concepts at leadership level is preferred.
• Managerial experience in the packaged goods industry is preferred.
• Experience in a Compounding and/or Liquid Filling operation is preferred.
• Experience in a union environment is preferred.
• This position is based in Lititz, PA and requires 10% domestic and international travel.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)