Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF ENGINEER ELECTRICAL DESIGN
Requisition ID: 4471190513
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Staff Engineer, to be in Milpitas, CA.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JJV brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
In this role, the Staff Engineer, will be responsible for the development and implementation of customer based solutions that improves the customer experience and overall product quality. The primary responsibility of this individual is to design and develop system control electronics for J&J Vision Surgical products. A successful candidate demonstrates high caliber, and innovative approaches to product development. This position will communicate progress to large cross-functional groups with detail and clarity. He or she will work largely independently within established guidelines and goals.
Staff Engineer Responsibilities:
- Translate customer requirements into product lifecycle improvements aimed at improving the customer experience
- Contribute to specification development
- Apply strong engineering principles (PCBA design and reliability, Analog / Digital circuitry, firmware programming) to achieve VOC requirements
- Generate and execute protocols/reports with statistical reference
- Prepare presentations to management and cross-functional groups
- Interact directly with external customers to determined and identify unmet needs to support life-cycle improvements
- Work with External Manufacturing & Supply Chain to ensure flawless execution of product/equipment improvements
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototypes and testing to verify design meets specifications
- Design and document test methods
- Design and fabricate test fixtures
- Shepard systems through compliance testing
- Contributes technical expertise for systemic Non-Conformances and CAPAs
- Adherence to Quality Management Systems and Environmental, Health & Safety
- Ability to work within a technical team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically in a matrix organization
- Lead the resolution of cross-functional and platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with system objectives.
- Assist in the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
- Manage and participate in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering required or higher education
- 6 plus years of progressive circuit design work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Understanding of motion control preferred
- Strong hands-on experience developing complex electronics control systems both analog and digital required
- Significant experience with embedded systems is important
- Working knowledge of FPGA design preferred
- Experience with optical systems including photo-monitors, lasers, and cameras preferred
- Strong schematic design and layout experience required
- Experience with Altium preferred or OrCAd, EAGLE, Allegro
- Solid understanding of EMI and noise management required
- Experience with regulations and standards is a plus. IEC 60601 and IEC 60825 in particular.
- Demonstrated competency with the following: Oscilloscope, Multimeter, logic analyzer, current probe, and related tools is required
- Experience in health care, medical devices, or similar industries is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)