Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Data Science - Data Engineering
Requisition ID: 4459190513
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Director, Data & Analytics Engineering, Data Science with up to 15% domestic travel. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; or Titusville, NJ. Consideration will be given to La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The Director, Data & Analytics Engineering, part of Data Sciences team, will lead, shape and deliver data integration solutions that enable the optimal implementation of science capabilities across R&D. We support projects from discovery through late development. You will lead the team to shape & enhanced data & analytics pipelines as well as develop/deploy cut-edge technology/solutions that triangulate insights across different data domain. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data and analytics engineering analytics and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will lead a dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative data solutions.
In this role you will:
- Articulate, lead and deliver the data & analytics engineering strategy for Janssen R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external partners for implementation and execution
- Work closely with R&D Data Science partners to design, build and implement data/analytical solutions to support R&D Data Science initiatives
- Lead/Mentor a group of data engineers, analytics engineers and evolve strategies to deliver growing data & analytics engineering support
- Lead, introduce, support, and evolve algorithms, tools and technologies that enable R&D data science initiative
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operation Research, Statistics or a related discipline
- People management/leadership experience
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Working knowledge in data analytics engineering and data integration with track record in transforming large streams, diverse of data into understandable and actionable insights
- Understanding in clinical data model such as CDISC STDM, CDM, FHIR
- Deep knowledge in molecular data, clinical trials data or real-world data
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as SQL, Python, R, C++, or Java
- Deep understanding of data and analytics lifecycle such as data wrangling, integration, and analytics workflow
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining
- Experience working with cloud environment such as AWS, AZURE, Cloudera
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Digital Product Development