Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Data Science - Data Engineering
Requisition ID: 4458190513
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data & Analytics Engineering, Data Science with up to 15% domestic travel. The primary location for this role is Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; or Titusville, NJ. Consideration will be given to La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
As part of Data Sciences team, you will lead and deliver data integration solutions that enable the optimal implementation of science capabilities across R&D. We support projects from discovery through late development. You will implement improved R&D data pipelines as well as develop/deploy cut-edge technology/solutions that triangulate insights across different healthcare data domain. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data and analytics engineering analytics and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will be part of a dynamic, accomplished Data Sciences team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development.
In this role you will:
- Implement data & analytics engineering strategy for R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external organizations for implementation and execution
- Work closely with R&D data scientists, researchers and computational scientists to design, build and implement data solutions to support R&D Data Science initiative with a focus on patient-centric data
- Introduce/Lead/Participate evaluations of algorithms, tools and technologies that enable data science capabilities in Janssen
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operation Research or a related discipline
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Deep understanding in Molecular data, clinical trials data as well as real world data
- Working knowledge in data analytics engineering and data integration with track record in design & implement solutions that triangulate insights across different data domain
- Understanding in clinical data model such as CDISC STDM, CDM, FHIR
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as SQL, Python, R, C++, or Java
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Working knowledge one or more of data integration platforms such as pipeline pilot, Dataiku, Denodo, Talend
- Experience delivering on data science projects using machine learning, deep learning, data mining and/or text mining
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Digital Product Development