Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability Specialist
Requisition ID: 4457190911
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability Specialist.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing focused technical expertise to promote workplace and product safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as machine safety and electrical safety.
- Reviewing and recommending content of health and safety policies and programs.
- Providing content to emergency response plans and participating on the emergency response team, as well as implementing and providing training on health and safety policies and programs developed for a site to assure that workplace conditions are in compliance with all local government and company requirements.
- Developing and implementing an internal audit process for the site.
- Facilitating compliance audits, assisting management in conducting risk assessments, and participating on health and safety teams.
- Conducting hazard assessments, finding root causes, recommending solutions to identified hazards, & designing and implementing solutions.
- Reviewing new regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson worldwide environmental health and safety policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps
- Participating as the lead health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Compliance with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHA 18001)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a focused degree in Environment Health & Safety; Engineering; or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of related EHS experience is required, experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace is required.
- Knowledge of electrical safety and contractor safety, including machine guarding and lock-out/tag-out (LO/TO) programs, is required.
- EHSS auditing, Process Safety Management, and Environment Management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including budget management, are required.
- Technical/working knowledge of Government regulations is preferred, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Report generation experience and knowledge of record keeping & EHS management systems (including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001) preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas, including but not limited to, air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), problem solving, organizational, and influencing skills highly preferred.
- Classroom instructor skills/experience preferred.
- Ability to interface with government inspectors, and quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is preferred.
- Ability to lead and develop local EHS professionals in a matrix environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- This position will require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Associates are required to wear gowning as per established Quality Procedures.
- The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule. Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
Environmental Health & Safety