Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
General Utility Operator (multiple openings)
Requisition ID: 4455180226
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a General Utility Operator located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
- Select appropriate color bobbins and material for product, per production wheel. Assign lot number.
- For Absorbable product, open cans, check moisture level and record.
- Load Hacoba machine with yarn and empty bobbins.
- Verify tension of hacoba line and hacoba strokes.
- Prepare identification labels and place on trays of material for lot identification.
- When placing fiber in vacuum chambers record time in appropriate logbook, if necessary.
- Complete the Device History Record and other related forms using Good Documentation Practices.
- Follow the Line Clearance Procedure.
- Clean braiders, benches, and other related equipment using specified solvents and cleaning materials.
- Maintain a cleaning log.
- Schedule and communicate braiders due for cleaning.
- Blow off fiber lint from braiders using an air hose.
- Assist Braid Operators with set ups/doffs as time permits.
- Accurately mix chemicals for rack washing in manual tank.
- Check level of Safestrip in automatic wash tank and level of water in the rinse tank.
- Place racks for washing in automatic rackwashing tank or in manual tank.
- Return racks to proper bin locations.
- Drain and clean washing tanks as needed.
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc.) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; a Technical school or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to use tensiometer, tachometer, pyrometer, read ruler, label making equipment, copier and calculator is required.
- Basic math skills are required (add, subtract, multiply, divide, average, percentages, tolerances, etc.); Successful completion of math test required as part of interview process.
- Must be willing and able to meet the physical requirements of the role which includes: Must be willing and able to meet the physical requirements of the role which includes: Lifting/carrying 0-30 lbs., including lifting overhead, pushing/pulling/reaching overhead, standing and sitting is required.
- Vision screening includes Far Point Acuity (i.e. looking through microscope), near point acuity (i.e. looking at samples), color perception (color distinction) – greens, reds, violets, yellows, whites
- Ability to work in stressful/fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to work and interact with co-workers to accomplish company goals in a team environment is required.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)