Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Global Distribution Procurement, NA
Requisition ID: 4450190911
The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Procurement organization is looking for a Sr. Manager, Global Distribution Procurement, NA. This position is located in Piscataway, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic/international travel
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Procurement organization supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson (Consumer Products, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals) and strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience by partnering to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
As a member of the Global Distribution Procurement team, this role will support the Director, Global Distribution Procurement and wider Logistics Procurement organization in deploying warehousing procurement standards and will partner with the GDEx 3PL Management Excellence Team as well as the North America Deliver Segment and Regional Deliver Operations (RDO) organizations to set priorities for 3PL sourcing, project pipeline and deliver value creation through sourcing bids, benchmarking, cost reduction & avoidance, service improvement and supplier enabled innovation
- Develop and deploy long-term sourcing strategies for J&J North America that ensure year-over- year efficiency and capability improvement and enables the execution of the Global/Regional Deliver network strategy and sourcing pipeline.
- Maintenance of sourcing pipeline for North America (rolling 24 months) and delivery of annual CIP value creation targets/budgets.
- Manage sourcing events with 3PL Service Providers and Operational Teams in order to determine optimal design and costs for Regional / Affiliate logistics operations in line with agreed sourcing pipeline.
- Lead Supplier Selection and Business Case Development to ensure selection of “best in class” providers in terms of cost, service, quality and compliance, meeting business and customer requirements and driving value for J&J.
- Maintain supporting market intelligence and benchmark data for 3PL warehousing costs and manage annual inflation estimations, negotiations and tracking.
- Act as Warehousing point of contact for J&J Supply Chain Procurement programs and initiatives in North America, including but not limited to Category Card (North America Category Purchase Order approval), Supplier rationalization, Spend Management and reporting, Libertas and Supplier Diversity.
- Manage sourcing events and spend for North America Pallet Management Program (CHEP/ONG) and Global Temp Tail/Data Loggers (e.g. Sensitech, El Pro, TSS).
- Lead Offer Analysis and Negotiation during Warehouse Tender Processes, leading final negotiations and Contract Award recommendations on key Sourcing Events as required.
- Lead and/or support contract renewal negotiations and annual contract price review negotiations based on agreed SRM framework and responsibilities.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (SRM):
- Support the Director, Global Distribution Procurement in developing Global SRM strategy for warehousing and deploying strategic supplier relationship management approach in North America to drive optimization and innovative solutions.
- Identify areas to initiate cost improvement projects. Manage and coordinate the implementation of improvement/cost saving programs with strategic providers/suppliers.
- Collaborate with the J&J Deliver organization (GDEx, Operations, Quality and Finance) and Transportation Procurement in establishing best practices, setting common standards and leveraging J&J’s logistics buying power globally.
CONTRACT LIFE CYCLE MANANGEMENT:
- Support the Warehouse Contract Management Strategy and maintenance of Warehouse Contract and Term Sheet Templates and Processes templates in accordance with global standards and company guidelines.
- Oversee the execution of all agreed and approved Contract Terminations / Renewals in North America.
- Support the Contract Life Cycle Management process including monthly/quarterly tracking and reporting of key contract milestones and maintenance of eICD Warehouse Contract database for North America .
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or Procurement/Sourcing or demonstrated equivalent experience is preferred.
- An MBA or Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience, with strong expertise across Deliver function (e.g. Distribution and Transportation, Customer Service, Operations / knowledge of logistics and 3PL industry) is required.
- Strategic sourcing and negotiation experience (including contract management) is preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, develop and deploy strategies to drive E2E value for J&J is required.
- Ability to work in a global, matrix organization: excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and collaborate with people from different functions is required.
- Strong project management experience and process excellence mindset is required.
- Numerate with strong analytical and data analysis skills, with excellent attention to detail is required.
- Customer oriented with a pro-active attitude is required.
- Hands-on mentality, demonstrating autonomy and showing the ability to manage expectations and requirements of different stakeholders, prioritizing work and meeting strict deadlines is required.
- Highest degree of ethical standards and conduct all business dealings in accordance with J&J Credo is required.
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway-
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)