Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Development Manager
Requisition ID: 4448180227
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Customer Development Manager with responsibility for Walmart to be based out of Bentonville, AR.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Customer Development Manager is responsible for achieving shipment and consumption goals by managing an assigned network of business within a specific geographic region or assigned account. The individual is responsible for managing a top volume customer and/or managing a team of external and/or internal Sales personnel within the assigned geographic region or account. The incumbent coordinates team efforts to fulfill the needs of the customer and company. While managing the team, the incumbent is also responsible for leading/influencing strategy. The incumbent develops and leads the execution of business plans to achieve sales goals for the assigned account(s) that include 4P fundamentals (product, placement, promotion, and pricing) and new item execution and strategic initiatives, such as platforms. The incumbent serves as the key Sales point of contact for information and action, serving as the “voice of customer” within the company, as well. The incumbent drives team goals while managing the budget for optimal ROI. The incumbent is potentially accountable for hiring, training, and coaching a Sales team and to deliver results in alignment with the OGSM. The incumbent participates in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain regular and frequent contact with team members and/or third-party brokers to enhance implementation of business plans and initiatives
- Create, maintain, and leverage relationships with senior-level decision makers, internally and externally
- Lead the development and implementation of targeted business plans, including the 4P’s at the customer
- Understand, penetrate, and leverage resources, such as sales agencies
- Evaluate and negotiate agreements against objectives
- Serve as the primary source of information for internal partners (i.e., Brand, Sales Strategy, Sales Management) regarding customer conditions, competitive trends, and marketplace dynamics
- Coach, develop, and evaluate direct and/or indirect reports
- Teach direct and/or indirect reports how to leverage data and insights to support business initiatives and identify opportunities
- Provide coaching and information as necessary to support business planning
- Facilitate communication between staff, assigned external, and home office/internal groups as necessary
- Monitor and report on external and internal achievement of plans
- Perform regular in-market visits to audit and ensure team member and account compliance for objectives
- Monitor and ensure account compliance to plan
- Analyze the geography and account mix to determine fund allocation
- Manage the trade fund budget by ensuring adherence to fund allocations
- Gain alignment of resources across a complex matrix environment to achieve goals
- Influence the actions of others where there is not often direct authority
- Facilitates category analysis to monitor market and brand performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal partners, such as Finance, Logistics, and Operations to drive efficiencies
- Comply with company policies and procedures at all times and policies
- Is aware of all the relevant business processes and requirements related to pricing, trade promotions, and inventory management.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a consumer products environment with at least 4 years of customer facing sales experience is required with Walmart Experience preferred.
- Sales strategy or Brand Marketing experience is preferred.
- Shopper Insights experience or analytics experience is preferred.
- Experience selling to Mass is required.
- Must have strong computer skills; including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- This position may require up to 25% travel time and will be based in Bentonville, AR.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Marketing & Sales