Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Occupational Health Nurse, Global Health Services-Part-Time
Requisition ID: 4447180227
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Casual Part-Time Occupational Health Nurse, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization. The position will be based in Monument, CO.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) will assist in coordinating a cross function health and wellness team at a single site and is responsible for the provision of Global Health services including Occupational Medicine, Wellness & Health Promotion programs. S/He will assist Site Team Lead with oversight of health programs delivered by vendors in the areas of wellness, fitness and employee assistance. S/he will assist in the deployment and performance of Global Health and Wellness strategies, policies and standards for occupational health, wellness & health promotion and employee assistance programs.
• Provides nursing services and emergency (first-aid) treatments to employees who become ill or suffer an accident on company premises, arranging for transportation to another care provider, if needed. Notifies all concerned.
• Under the guidance of established Medical Directives, administers medications and performs various minor treatments or therapies for injured or ill employees. Administers injections for vaccinations and for emergency response under the guidance of the established Medication Directives.
• Provides various preventive health evaluations and tests in accordance with the Global Health Services program protocols.
• Conducts health profiles, health evaluations and other services within the Global Health Services strategy including but not limited to: health promotion education, health screenings, drug screenings.
• Complies with policy, procedures, written standing orders, protocols and medical directives as required by the company and State Nurse Practice Act.
• Maintains accurate clinical records, utilizing approved medical, nursing and statistical formats, including computer technology.
• Advises and counsels employees within areas of core competency and integrated services and makes appropriate referrals (internal and external) when indicated.
• Provides advice, counsel and access to education to and for first aid personnel.
• Develops knowledge of the occupational hazards/exposures, and treatment thereof, for the specific location.
• Assists in the case management process of medical leaves of absence and Workers’ Compensation as required.
• Participates in periodic evaluations (customers surveys, trend analysis, etc.) of the effectiveness of the Health Services & Resources services provided to the employees.
• Maintains standards of nursing practice and assists in maintaining the health facility in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
• Participates in the Employee Development Program process, internal/cross functional projects and teams and attends continuing education programs.
• Minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing(BSN) preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a professional nurse is required.
• Active Registered Nurse license for Colorado required
• Occupational Health, Emergency Room and/or Intensive Care nursing experience is required.
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S) and Management of Certification of Hearing Conservation Program (CAOHC) is preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office required. Experience with computer-based medical documentation preferred.
• Typing skills adequate for documenting in the Electronic Medical Record required.
• Phlebotomy proficiency preferred.
• Working knowledge of regulatory areas; i.e.; ADA, OSHA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, STD/LTD strongly preferred.
• Good customer relations and communication skills necessary.
• This position is primarily located in Monument, CO with up to 5% of domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)