Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL ONCOLOGY LAB SCIENTIST CO-OP
Requisition ID: 4439181016
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Lab Scientist Co-op, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Lab Scientist will join the Translational research team within the Oncology division to identify novel biomarkers that predict treatment responses, identify mechanisms of resistance and help understand mechanisms of action for the novel therapeutic regimens that are under development at Janssen. The position resides in a highly interactive team, so collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are highly valued.
- The Lab Scientist will work closely with one of the Janssen Scientists and perform molecular and cellular experiments.
- He/ She will design molecular biology experiments, execute laboratory experiments, analyze experimental data, generate laboratory protocols, write technical reports and present results to the team.
- Laboratory experiments include molecular biology techniques such as handling tissue cell cultures, DNA and RNA isolations, setting up qPCR assays and analyzing qPCR results.
- He/ she should comply with laboratory safety, training and quality regulations.
- The Co-Op will have the opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic team and work on novel technology platforms for cell analysis.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing science major.
- Candidates must be available to work (Part-time or Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with lab bench experience in academic and/or industrial settings are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 with motivation to learn new concepts is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)