Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Business Development - Licensing & Acquisitions Partnerships, Orthopedics
Requisition ID: 4435180705
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Director, Business Development - Licensing & Acquisitions Partnerships, Orthopedics to be located in Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA, Somerville, NJ, New Brunswick, NJ or Warsaw, IN. Travel up to 30% is required.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the most comprehensive Orthopedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
In the position of Director Business Development, you will collaborate with your internal business partners to identify, develop and execute external transactions and partnerships to drive growth and influence the direction of the business.
- Identify new technologies, products and capabilities externally aligned to business strategy and priorities.
- Partner with business leaders to execute transactions (including, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, co-development, co-marketing, or other structures).
- Lead all aspects of business development process including target identification, business case development, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiations and transition planning.
- Lead cross-functional teams and ensures teams are following the appropriate healthcare guidelines (for example, HCC, Quality, and Regulatory).
- Work with J&J Legal, Finance, and other functional groups to assess, review, and execute opportunities.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership on new strategies, opportunities, and tactics. Advise on priorities as well as non-value added projects.
- Deliver oral and written presentations to management to obtain approval for execution and funding of new opportunities.
- Build external relationships via trade shows, conferences, networking, and other new sources of information, intelligence, and insights.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years business experience required.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred
- Experience in corporate / business development (for example, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, divestitures, co-marketing, or other structures) is preferred.
- Strong business, negotiation, influencing, organizational, project management, analytical, decision making, and influence management skills are required.
- Effectively communicate and influence a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally and of varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies is required.
- Prioritizing tasks, managing several projects at a time, and can eliminate unproductive, low priority, or low probability tasks and projects is required.
- This role requires up to 30% domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)