Johnson & Johnson Careers
SUSTAINING ENGINEER I
Requisition ID: 4434190117
Biosense Webster, Inc (BWI), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer I, to be in Irwindale, California.
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with forward-thinking people in a fast-paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient's lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear - be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient's lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation - quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
Under general supervision, receives instructions about required tasks and results expected. Work is usually well-defined and is checked for progress and reviewed for accuracy upon completion. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps and processes. Works on problems and projects of low to moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. The qualified candidate must exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action needed. The Manufacturing Engineer I will be dedicated to supporting sustaining engineering activities, NPD transfers and responsible for process engineering and improvements, yield improvement, cost reductions, mechanical and electrical assembly, troubleshooting where needed, and various other projects including but not limited to the testing and design of toolings, requirements, and validation protocols.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Receives assignments given in terms of Life Cycle Engineering projects plans and transfers.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Moderate exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and reviews techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work.
- Receives general direction on new aspects of assignments.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following:
- Equipment design and development.
- Test of materials.
- Preparation of specifications.
- Process study.
- Research investigations.
- Report preparation.
- Other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow areas of assignments.
- May be assisted by a draftsperson or technician.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
- Practices company safety and quality policies and procedures. Actively requires conformance.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- BS degree in relevant engineering discipline
Experience and Skills:
- One to two years of related engineering experience
- Experience in the medical device industry would be an asset.
- Must possess more than a basic understanding of engineering theoretical fundamentals and experimental techniques.
- Basic English communication skills, written and oral.
- Knowledge of drafting software systems such as AutoCad and Solidworks (or equivalent) is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Will be required to work in a clean‑room environment
- Position will be based primarily in Irwindale, CA
- 10% expected domestic and international travel, as required
- Position requires regular direct and indirect interaction with suppliers and external manufacturers to ensure a robust supply chain and supplier reliability is maintained.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee can be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Company management reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)