Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Project Manager, Enabling Technologies
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 4428190910
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager, Enabling Technologies located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Project Manager, Enabling Technologies will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of digital technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will support the Program Manager with all aspects of the technical process. The Project Manager will be a strong collaborator & take the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures.
In this role, you will independently lead and execute various Enabling Technology projects. Emphasis will be on delivering projects on-time, within budget in a compliant and reliable manner. You will also be accountable for delivering projects which will require building project plans, aligning partners, leading the timeline, budget and driving team accountabilities to deliver the final project objectives. You will also work with functional partners to define/align on the business case and project scope to support project execution; following compliance defined through the Governance process and tools.
• Leading cross-functional project teams (which may include Research & Development, Marketing, Sales, Packaging, Operations, Purchasing, Regulatory, Finance, and Planning), from project onset through post-implementation or launch activities.
• Developing and implementing project charters and metrics; obtaining partner alignment; identifying project risks and developing risk mitigation plans; being a source of conflict resolution. Leading in preparing and present project updates and stage-gate reviews at Governance forums.
• Using strong business knowledge, technical skills and good judgment to effectively assess risk, develop contingencies and figure out when to elevate issues.
• Support new product development activities to deliver goals under quality, safety, cost and reliability.
• Work with cross–functional teams throughout the development process to ensure the project is moving forward.
• Assist Program Manager in building and monitoring accurate project plans throughout the improvement product [JTS1] lifecycle and communicate milestones and lead-times at key stages.
• Coordinate the weekly workload with the Program Manager ensuring the highest priority items are completed by working with the Product Owner for the appropriate scrum team.
• Develop intimate ‘hands-on’ knowledge of core business products
• Produce metrics in coordination with the scrum master and document meetings
• Create project update communications appropriate for executive distribution
• Manage surgeon teams in coordination with the development engineering team and the program manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical field:
• 5 years of experience launching or developing new products & managing product changes
• 2 years formal Project Management experience
• Previous experience in leading projects within a regulated industry
• Excellent organization and Project Management skills, including MS Project and MS Excel
• Flexibility to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
• Solid track record of meeting project objectives in dynamic environments by successfully handling, tracking and implementing successful strategies in regard to scope, quality, time and cost
• Work independently and without direct line management authority over team members
• Accountable with working well under pressure and have strong time management and prioritization skills
• This position may require up to 15% travel
• Working in a GMP or regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Product)
• A good knowledge of design control and change control including ISO 13485
• Experience interacting with Agile development teams
• Working understanding and experience in the application of systematic continuous improvement methodologies for problem solving
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)