Johnson & Johnson Careers
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW OCULAR MATERIAL
Requisition ID: 4424190117
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Post-Doctoral Candidate for Research & Development (R&D) located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Vision Care, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
The candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to investigate the impact of various chemical components on the polymerization kinetics and performance of a Class II medical device. Project work will include raw material analysis, formulations, photo-initiated polymerization, device fabrication and analytical characterization of the finished product. Expertise in polymerization kinetics, polymer mechanics, organic synthetic chemistry and/or process development is desirable. Project will involve the identification of silicone and hydrophilic monomer formulations capable of enhancing in vitro metric such as oxygen permeability, tear film stability and antifouling behavior. Scale up from glove box feasibility to pilot line runs with acceptable repeatability and reproducibility targets is anticipated.
The Post-Doctoral Candidate will:
- Develop novel bulk and surface polymerization chemistries for Ophthalmic medical device applications.
- Candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary team composed of Organic Synthetic Chemists, Analytical Chemists, Polymer Scientists, Biochemists, Chemical Engineers, and Optometrists.
- Interaction with Clinical, Quality and Regulatory functions
- A PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Physics, Chemical Engineering or Material Science Degree(s) is required
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) for the two-year post-doctoral period.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)