Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Brand Design - Consumer
Requisition ID: 4417180618
J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Brand Design (Consumer) to be located in New York, NY. As the internal design studio for Johnson & Johnson, J&J Design works globally across all of the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device and Corporate. design.jnj.com
In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we apply design thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being for all.
Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to signiﬁcantly improve the trajectory of the health of humanity. Committed to inclusion, our diverse company culture celebrates the uniqueness of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Strategic and Conceptual
The Director always leads with strategy and is deeply committed to actionable solutions. They possess a natural ability to direct transformative solutions for high-level brand strategy and experience needs --- from delivering concept-driven experiences to visual and verbal brand systems and standards.
Craft and Inspiration
From brand strategy and expression to consumer product packaging, retail and experiential design, the Director demonstrates a rigorous understanding of how to orchestrate the many stages of brand experience design for consumer brands. They will possess excellent presentation and storytelling skills, sharing work with teammates and partners in a way that instills confidence and focus.
Collaborative and Rigorous
The Director works collaboratively with all team members and business partners, successfully leading strong working relationships. They comfortably lead working meetings and collaborative exploration and represent all work. They have mastered skills required for all phases of the brand design process --- research, strategy, concepting and prototyping --- and can deliver working solutions, supporting regulation and business-success metrics.
The Director not only handles many projects at one time, contributing to their delivery, but also manages a team of differing design capabilities and partner agencies on an individual and team basis. The Director will optimize working processes and efficiencies within the J&J Design team as a whole, reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Design.
- Lead and inspire a team of broad design capabilities within the Consumer design team, both from a project and a personal career development perspective.
- Bring deep experience from beauty and/or femcare/baby brand design
- The Director will set and lead design objectives to achieve business targets.
- Partner with other disciplines to define strategies and tactics in service of business results.
- Utilize an extensive knowledge of design thinking, and leverage knowledge of design and global cultural perspectives that guide J&J design solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Assess and improve processes and methodologies.
- Advocate, drive, and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in design or related ﬁeld is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of design leadership-related experience is required.
- Deep understanding of consumer brands, in particular, beauty and/or femcare/baby is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong visual, written, and oral communication skills are required.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and a basic understanding of Microsoft office skills are required.
- Up to 50% hands-on design work.
- This position is based in New York, New York.
- Portfolio link must be included on resume to be considered.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)