Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Research & Development
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 4416180226
J&J Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Research & Development, located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Manager, Research & Development (R&D) is responsible for oversight of North America while leading with a global mindset and supporting global base business operations as needed, specifically as it relates to supplier driven changes and trouble-shooting for internal and external manufacturing sites. This position works closely with global business partners to deliver some global initiatives.
The Manager R&D will supervise a group of technical professionals and lead, manage and provide technical guidance on raw material projects for existing marketed products including cosmetic, Over the Counter (OTC) monograph drug products, New Drug Applications (NDA) and Class II Medical Device products in the Consumer portfolio. The portfolio includes brands such as JOHNSON'S® Baby, BENGAY®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR®, LUBRIDERM®, and LISTERINE®.
• Be the key technical lead and subject matter expert for skin, hair, oral and topical health marketed products and approve all change controls and technical reports for raw material substitution/qualification
• Streamline processes for qualifying alternate raw materials with reduction in qualification timeline and cost, reducing complexity and eliminating non-value-added work
• Support a broad range of projects including alternate raw material qualifications, potential packaging initiatives, process/cost improvement projects, investigations to resolve technical issues associated with raw materials in marketed products
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams for various raw material projects, build business cases for projects and provide technical guidance/resolution throughout project execution
• Demonstrate a creative, yet practical and realistic approach to projects, challenges and responsibilities while being results oriented and delivering the business objectives
• Administer the day to day operations of a sub-group within the Raw Materials Center (RMC) by leading employees of different levels
• Influence strategic direction for a project, initiative, or scientific discipline
• Provide input to new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of organization’s strategies
• Apply understanding of implications of product/technology outcomes on the larger function/organization
• Influence department resource and budget allocation and responsibility to manage project budgets
• Provide project/program progress reports to management
• Represent department in cross-functional R&D groups and external partnership activity
• Maintain compliance, consistency of practice and work quality
• Focus on driving science-based problem solving and identify improvement opportunities
• Demonstrate your understanding of business processes/functions and technical expertise to drive decision- making
• Drive/provide input to new policy, procedure, or significant changes to existing procedures, and align with global partners to engage in global best practices
• Manage resources to achieve business goals
• Manage a team of 4 to 7 professionals and be accountable for their performance and development
• Deliver on components of the department objective as assigned or directed by leadership
• Provide personal and professional development by building an environment where all his/her team members can perform at their best and build value for the company
• Execute technical aspects of projects, report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams to implement projects.
• Participate and lead multi-functional teams to investigate problems, implement resolution, and develop optimized processes
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Minimum of a Bachelor Degree with 8 years of experience; a Master Degree with 6 years of experience; OR a PhD with 4 years of experience
• Experience leading teams to develop and launch projects strongly preferred
• A background in scale-up / manufacturing is preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of raw materials and understanding of their impact on personal care formulations is strongly preferred
• Experience in formulation or manufacturing of liquid consumer/pharmaceutical products is strongly preferred
• Deep understanding of standard methodologies and procedures that apply to RMC/Support to Marketed Products (SMP) locally and globally is preferred
• A deep understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and regulatory standards is preferred
• High degree of independent discernment is required
• Deep understanding of business processes/functions outside area of expertise is preferred
• Critical thinking and holistic business acumen is required
• Approximately 5% travel is required
• Ability to work in Skillman, NJ is required
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)