Johnson & Johnson Careers
Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 4407190910
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Designer, Orthopaedi Robotics to be based in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
As a Designer, Orthopaedics Robotics you will work both independently and on multi-functional teams to execute design projects of moderate to high complexity. We expect you will collaborate cross functionally with operations, marketing, quality assurance and research and development (R&D) to identify design related opportunities. Drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and solves product issues under compressed timelines. Execute specific & general assignments/projects that provide creative, functional, cost effective & validated product designs in a team-based environment. We are hiring for a fantastic opportunity to play key role in bringing exciting new products to market.
In this role you will:
- Assist in developing products from conceptual design through production.
- Contribute to concept identification, selection & development.
- Craft 3D solid models from dimensioned sketches.
- Craft detail drawings, sub-assemblies & layouts from sketches or markups.
- Use electronic data management system for CAD file management.
- Apply GD&T principles to component drawings & design.
- Craft, check, & document component tolerance analysis.
- Participate in design collaboration forum.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience is required: Minimum of an Associate’s degree, Technical drafting/design or Vocational certificate with 3 years of relevant Drafting/3D Modeling experience (co-op, internship included) OR a minimum of a H.S. Diploma with 5 years of relevant Drafting/3D Modeling experience.
- Experience developing 3D CAD models is required.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is preferred.
- Experience working with Siemens NX software is preferred.
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Experience in New Product Development delivering engineering specifications with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Ability to bridge across interpersonal groups, communicating product requirements from the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group to Supply Chain partners required.
- Proven experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- This position is in Warsaw, IN and will require up to 10% travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)