Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Scientist Biomarkers, Metabolic Complications, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery
Requisition ID: 4398181012
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Principal Scientist Biomarkers, Metabolic Complications, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery located in Boston, MA with up to 10% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Principal Scientist within our Biomarker CVM Discovery group will support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for chronic kidney diseases (CKD) and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The Senior Principal Scientist applies current biomarker technologies and statistical approaches to provide strategy, assay selection, development, validation, execution and analysis of target engagement markers, proximal pharmacodynamics markers, patient stratification biomarkers, markers of disease progression and response to therapy for cardiovascular and metabolic disease programs and states.
He/she works closely with colleagues from discovery and clinical groups, quantitative pharmacometrics and statistics to develop Biomarker plans to support robust decision-making in the early clinical space. Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure effective cross functional interactions and collaborations across the different functional areas that relate to Biomarker discovery, development and execution, and directs and oversees the outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays, manages budgets and internal and external contracts related to Biomarker development activities
• Provide guidance on the efficient and effective use of more traditional soluble biomarkers as well as “omic” approaches to advance the understanding and development of agents to treat/predict disease with experience in the application and analysis of genetic, genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data
• Ph.D. degree in biomedical science with at least 8 years of relevant biomarker or translational research experience in an industry setting is required.
• Proven record on publication of biomarker data in high-quality scientific, technical or medical journals is required.
• Previous experience in Cardiovascular & Metabolism biomarkers is preferred.
• Experience in leading a research/biomarker team, motivating and influencing people is required.
• Experience in establishing and implementing biomarker and precision medicine strategies at the project and disease area level is required.
• Experience in transitioning biomarker strategies from pre-clinical to clinical setting, including implementation of biomarker plans in clinical studies and review and interpretation of data is required.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and represent biomarker/precision medicine area in the projects and contribute to decision making is required.
• In-depth understanding of the research laboratory environment; familiarity with all basic and some complex laboratory equipment / instrumentation is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work on assay development in a laboratory setting, and generate and accurately document data is required.
• Willingness to spend 25-50% time at the bench is required.
• Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is required.
• Experience with clinical diagnostics and their uses is preferred.
• Extensive experience with clinical sample handling is preferred.
• Prior experience in working with external companies and alliance partners, and in managing successful research collaborations is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)