Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Data Science - Data Architect
Requisition ID: 4393190513
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Data & Analytics Architect, Data Science with up to 15% domestic travel. The primary location for this role is Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; or Titusville, NJ. Consideration will be given to La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
As part of JRD Data Sciences team, you will lead, design and implement efficient data standards, data models as well as analytics solutions that enable the optimal implementation of science capabilities across R&D. We support projects from discovery through late development. You will lead and establish solutions that operationalizing analytics, mapping data requirements to implementation, evaluating/selecting appropriate solutions for analytics pipeline and procedures. The role requires a broad knowledge of existing biology/clinical data standards, analytics procedures and analytics solutions. You will be part of dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development and deliver data sciences solutions.
In this role you will:
- Lead and design data & analytics architect strategy for R&D Data Science community.
- Work closely with R&D Data Scientists and scientists across TAs/Functions to implement data standards/model to support R&D Data Science analytics initiative including but not limited to molecular data, clinical trial data and real-world data
- Design and deliver rigorous and sound analytics architecture to ensure optimal analytics lifecycle
- Lead and participate evaluation of Data Sciences tools and technologies
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 5 years relevant of experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operation Research or a related discipline
- Strong business insight, deep knowledge in drug discovery, clinical development or healthcare products commercialization processes
- Deep understanding and working knowledge in healthcare data standards such as CDISC SDTM, ADM, CDM, FHIR
- Deep knowledge in data model design and data integration with diverse data with track record in establishing framework for integrating diverse of data into understandable and actionable insights
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, R, or SAS
- Understanding of data science projects using machine learning, deep learning, data mining and/or text mining
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Digital Product Development