Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, External Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing
Requisition ID: 4381190910
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, External Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing based in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The role has a high impact for the J&J Consumer business in ensuring that our External Manufacturing suppliers produce products that are of consistent and high levels of quality, are delivered with acceptable service performance and are procured in a cost-effective way, to drive overall best value for the organization. The role also has a critical impact on the overall strategic direction for External Manufacturing both regionally and globally.
The Senior Manager, External Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for managing multiple aspects of the Strategic Sourcing relationship with selected External Manufacturing (EM) suppliers (high spend, high complexity, multi-category scope), including:
- Financial performance
- Budget compliance
- Sourcing strategy development and implementation
- Negotiation of Supply Agreements and other legal documents
- Support for innovation and capability building
- Leadership of market engagement events and collaboration across numerous internal functions to drive supplier strategy in alignment with overall organizational goals
- Drive projects and business initiatives in support of both North America (NA) and Global Source OGSM / Supply Chain objectives
- Play a key leadership role in a global category strategy for EM and will drive strategic decision-making within the NA region
- Responsible for people management and development of 1-5 direct reports (Manager or Lead level)
- Potentially responsible for major program management (ie Cost Improvement Programs) for Sourcing
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful, the Senior Manager, External Manufacturing Strategic Sourcing must:
- Have great knowledge of the suppliers, markets and business context in their scope and in the scope of their direct reports
- Be an excellent collaborator within the Supply Chain organization (Direct Materials Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing and New Product Introduction), Marketing, Quality, Technical Services, Legal and ad hoc project teams
- Demonstrate inspired leadership with the ability to influence others to engage in projects and to drive business deliverables
- Demonstrate people leadership, coaching and development abilities
- Demonstrate program management capabilities
- This individual will collaboratively design and implement regional and global sourcing strategies that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
- Accountable for defining and ensuring competent management of suppliers within scope of control
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- Lead SRM activities for suppliers within scope of control
- Lead efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
- Analyze complex supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Drive supplier diversity opportunities where applicable
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
- Own and proactively manage overall financial performance in a number of key areas, including inflation, OCNIS and J&J driven cost, for all suppliers within scope of control; own P&L roll-up for full scope (to include suppliers managed by direct reports).
- Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for External Manufacturing that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
- Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements (Regulatory, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability, QA, Sarbanes-Oxley, contract compliance) with support of operational teams.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required (Procurement, Supply Chain, Economics, Business, Science, Engineering or related fields). Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum 8 years of Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Make and/or related experience is required.
- Prior experience managing direct reports is required.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment is required.
- Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing or contract manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with program management is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the area of External Manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the area of Fast Moving Consumer Goods and/or Over the Counter is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with or leading a global team is strongly preferred.
- This position is located in Skillman, NJ.
- This position may require up to 15% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)